Stanley

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleysmommy

Reaction score
Hey everybody, a couple days ago I put a collar on Stanley to see how he'd do.

He seemed to be fine with it, then when I put the leash on he startedfreaking out, and he was running under my bed and room then he ran inhis cage.

I waited a minute to calm him down, gave him an apple, then I was able to get the leash off and he was fine.

Does anybody know how to make him comfortable with it without hurting himself? Thanks :)

It was kind of funny too because he wouldn't let my mom put on the collar even when he was distracted by an apple.

She tried about 3 times with him in my lap, and he kept running off.Then with him on the floor, I put it on him the first time. I hope thatmeans he knows I'm his mommy. :D

Generally speaking, collars are really not safe for bunnies.

If they panic they could hurt themselves when wearing a collar.

I would use a harness instead. They are safe and more comfy for the bunnie.

:~) Jim

Also, collars should not be left on when a rabbitis not being supervised. They can easily get their bottom jawstuck under the collar as they attempt to chew on it.

Pam

I am not sure if you can train all of the bunniesto be ok with it, I am sure Chernish would be terrified. Although I wasthinking about it.

Latest posts

Back