Stained Feet/Fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypusstar

Reaction score
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas how to get the urine stains off a rabbits paws and fur, Ceaser has some pretty stained paws and im not sure if the stains will ever go away seeing as he has mainly white fur, but i was wondering if there was a way to reduce the color and prevent the stains? We've been keeping the cage clean and watching his bottom for any messes, i was thinking maybe if we trimmed some of the fur around there it would help, buti dont want to hurt him either. any tips?

Here's a thread with some suggestions: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=43902&forum_id=1&highlight=urine+stain

As Ceaser becomes better at using the litterbox, his feet will be cleaner. Another option is to put grates over the litter in his litterbox. That will keep his feet from being in contact with the waste. You can trim some of that long lionhead fur away down there while he's still learning to use the litterbox, and that may help. Just don't cut too close--I'd just cut out any poo-matted fur bits.

Latest posts

Back