Squeaking Noise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellie

Reaction score
Hi there,
I've been wondering this for a while but just today it started to worry me.

I got Buster about 3 weeks ago. Since then, when he's running around and binkying he makes little squeaking noises.
It never bothered me because I figured it was just him making noise because he was exerting lots of strength to make his big jumps. But, today I was petting him (like I normally do) and he squeaked. They're not really high pitch or anything, but they're kind of like those dog toys that have squeakers in them.

Does anybody known if this is a sound of content? I can't really find any information online about it, and anything I do find it says "It's not normal, rabbits don't make noise!" But he seems really happy and not in paint at all... when I was petting him he continued to lie there like a happy bunny.
Thanks a lot!

Do a YouTube search for bunny noises i have learned quickly that they do in fact make noise! Mine will get crazy running everywhere in their condo and scream (sounds like screams) at each other i an never tell which one does it because it is only 2 seconds long. I think one gets fed up with the others antics. Buns also honk, growl and grunt! If he seems content its not a painful sound. Enjoy his conversation!

My mini rex squeeks. Normally from him it is when he wants something and is trying to get my attention. I would go by context clues. It sounds like it is a happy sound for him.

I've been learning on here about all the sounds bunnies can make because I have yet to hear a peep from Agnes other than tooth purr when I'm giving her head rubs. I never knew rabbits could be so vocal! :)

Yep, Ripley's a very vocal boy too. He "talks" continually while he's out hopping around. He probably learned how to be so vocal from his Mom..:)

Latest posts

Back