Spring Time Behaviour?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoseCottageBuns

Reaction score
I have 5 buns... one trio of lady buns and a bonded pair... I was wondering if anyone had noticed heightened and aggressive behaviour as Spring approaches? The girls are often not interested in their food and spend a lot of time chasing each other and nipping at each other, even though they have been bonded for at least 2 years..is this just because of Spring or is it something else I should be looking out for? They are all outside buns who have 2 specially built, insulated and perfect enclosures. Is it just the hormones rising? Even though they were all neutered years ago.

The spayed girl in my bonded pair has been increasingly grumpy and reactive the last several weeks. I feel bad for her bunny buddy. I think he is totally confused by her behavior. If your buns don't already have these things, maybe providing activities for them to be able to exhibit normal springtime behavior could possibly help. Things like having a dig box to dig and burrow in, rabbit safe branches to chew up, and lots of hay to eat, dig in, or even nest with.

Also be aware that underlying health conditions can spark unusual changes of behavior. So just something to keep a watch for.

My rabbit is a male and is not neutered. Though he has been extremely aggressive towards me lately, I think is is because of the springtime. He has never bit me, but has been threatening to.

Back