Spraying

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratmom

Reaction score
I know my bun needs to be fixed, but can spraying all be from hormones? My oliver sprays me on a weekly basis. He will be all nice all day then jump on the couch and sprays me and run off like he's marking me.

Well my little boy, Winston, sprays when he gets excited/happy. But it could be hormones in your case. I'm not really informed about male rabbits, but I'd have to wait and see what other people say.

Marking by spraying is all about hormones - this behavior should go away once he's neutered. (Though it might take a little while for his hormone levels to drop...)

:yeahthat:and like she said it is all about hormones! this is territorial behavior and also like she said most of this behavior will go away with spaying/neutering.

[align=center]Madeline:bunnydance:[/align]

I'd say it's hormonal because spraying is the ONE thing that went away when we got Ronnie neutered. It took about 2 weeks for him to start using the litterbox but I think the spraying was gone after a couple of days.

It's been almost 9 months since he's been fixed and he still runs circles around me and tries to hump my arm. I can deal with that behavior and I know it's never going to go away. I'm just glad he doesn't pee on me anymore because I was scared to go in the room with him when he did that!

Yep - it really should stop after he is neutered. Very rarely does it not - so I'm sure it will. Some boys are worse than others. I had one buck here that sprayed me everytime I got near him... stopped as soon as he was neutered :)Don't worry - there is hope!

Baxter! was like an alarm had gone off one day - he would spray me when he would see me with Eric my BF - thus I believe he was trying to tell Eric - "she's mine - stay away".. and that the bed, bathroom door were his..

Got him fixed the next week and "nadda" spray to be had since.. Happy he kept his silly, determined and still sweet personality. Sorry the headstrong 2 year old behavior wasn't neutored - lol..

Latest posts

Back