Spraying Urine.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnysmom

Reaction score
Do only males spray urine? Or do females also?

Last night Bunny didn't get as much playtime as he/she wanted. DH picked her up and put her back after I had har cage cleaned out and her food & water restocked.Bunny was SO mad. I kept telling him that Bunny was so mad at him, kept giving him the butt and his/her ears were flat! I thought it was pretty funny, because the sweet little baby rabbit was throwing a temper tantrum.

Well, then Bunny turned around and sprayed DH with urine! I still thought it was kind of funny because it wasn't *me* that got sprayed!

So, that has me wondering...do females spray also? Or is it just a macho boy thing?

ETA: Sorry, I put this in the wrong place. I would post it on the "rabbit only forum", but I already got an answer!;)

Darn it! I was hoping it was a boys only thing, then we would know for sure what we had! ;)

Thanks for the information. So, does this mean we are in for all the bad behavior that I have been reading about?

Hi,

When my doe hit adolescence (sp) she started spraying like crazy and the behaviour came with it also!!!!

She has just had babies 1 1/5 weeks ago and throughout the pregnancy and still up to now we have had no spraying but the attitude is still there!!!!

Where as my buck who is 1mth older than the doe has done no spraying and if so calm and placid.

They are like chalk and cheese.

I don't want Bunny to turn into a mean teen ager! Bunny has been my sweet, curious, playful sweet baby!

Maybe Bunny was just seriously peeved? Do they do it when they are mad?

I tried googling this and came up with nothing, so I came here for all of your knowledge!:D

Have you been able to take a look at bunny's privates? If he/she is spraying already, there may be the chance that there are testicles if he/she is a boy. I would check to see if he's got some.

Good news is that once neutered/spayed, the behaviour is most likely to go away. Zeke was painting the walls and other bunnies with urine before his neuter, and about three weeks after he was snipped, he stopped.

--Dawn

I don't think anyone can avoid the bad behavior thing.....

I've had them spray to mark territory (girls too) and becauase they're mad and just beacuse....

Peg

bunnysmom wrote:
Darn it! I was hoping it was a boys only thing, then we would know for sure what we had! ;)

Thanks for the information. So, does this mean we are in for all the bad behavior that I have been reading about?

A few days ago there was no sign of testicles. I will have to look again tonight.

I am most certainly going to get Bunny altered. Good to know that a lot of problem behaviors go away after altering! LOL!

This was the first spray, I am hoping that it will not become a problem. I still giggle when I think of it. I just can't believe that my sweet little Bunny got so mad at my husband that he/she sprayed him!! Way to funny!

I had a lop doe spray me once, she was staying with me while her owner was out of town and was seriously po'd about it, LOL. Her mom tends to spoil her (a lot) and my bunnies don't get all the treats and the like she is used to. Also, she is an "only child" and didn't like having to wait while other bunnies got fed!
So when I was feeding the cage underneath hers, I stood back up just in time to get it right in the face!!! That was the first time I have had a doe hit me, usually is just the boys!

Gentle Giants- Is it wrong that I think that's funny? LOL!

That is about how it is with Bunny. When she was out for playtime tonight she totally ignored my husband. She will nudge me and chin me and follow me all over...but won't even look at him. I love it!

LOL! I bet it is. I know I m now very skittish when Bunny turns her bottom in my direction!

When it happened, my husband said "Hey where's that water coming from?...OOOHHHHHH, she peed on me!".

I thought I was going to hyperventilate from laughing so hard!

Latest posts

Back