Spraying bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animalsRbetter

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has any experience with bunnies spraying? It's super gross, and we've been trying to deal with it about a year now. I believe our Abe is doing it as a territorial thing with our cats. Does anyone know anything about a way to stop this behavior? If possible, I'd rather not restrict Abe to a single room and keep the cats out of the room.

Just a bit of background, we got Abe last spring, he's a lop, the vet thinks between 5-7 years old. At our old place, he got along great with the cats (we have 3 cats) when we did supervised free roaming bunny time. We moved last May, and everything changed. There were territory battles between the cats and the bun. Time has passed and tensions settled, but the spraying still goes on, and it's getting worse...I've gotten caught in the stream more than once (totally yuck), and i'm getting so tired of washing my floors and walls (he even manages to get it all the way up to the blinds!!![emoji35] ) on a daily basis.

So if anyone has experience with this ever so exhausting issue, I would be so grateful for any help! Thank you for your time!

I would get him castrated! Will help with the spraying and other territorial behaviours.

Thanks for the reply! Sorry I forgot to mention everyone is fixed, but they all have their weird things they do.

I see, that’s less simple then haha! Is it just bunny spraying, or do the cats mark the territory back?

Back