Spotlight on Mini-Rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, that's a funny story, hehe. Just like a Rex. :)

My Rex girl is a little escape artist too. I have to lock things down extra tight for her. ;D

m.e. wrote:
slavetoabunny - yourgirls are so gorgeous!! :love:I could seriously sit and stareat them all day.

Rex doesn't have crinkly whiskers - he doesn't have any whiskers at all:dunno:

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~
I read somewhere that the rexes with very thick fur have nowhiskers. Rex looks like he has thick fur like Sparky - andshe has no whiskers. I considered getting them weaves at onepoint so they wouldn't have whisker envy.

Thanks for the compliment. Rex is gorgeous too - I would love to run my hand over the beautiful black fur.

slavetoabunny wrote:
I considered getting them weaves at one point so theywouldn't have whisker envy.
:laugh:

All of my mini-rexes have whiskers and some of them are pretty cool.

Two of my castor show does have striped whiskers. Each whisker looks

like a black and white candy cane.

Roger L

Here's another Rex story from a few months ago:

I was headed to bed a short while ago, but as I wasgetting ready, I noticed that, in their cage, the bunnies wereespecially restless (unusual for this time of night). I decided to givethem a little extra time out, and so here I am sitting at my computerat 12:10 in the morning...
While the rabbits are running around, my three youngcats are in the room as well. They get shut in with me every night, sothat our older, anti-social, cantankerous cat can have the house toherself.
Anyway, shortly after being let out, Rex began doingBunny 500's around the room, interspersed with binkies. Veryentertaining :p
And while he was doing this, Miko, our 10-month oldtortie kitten, was laying in the middle of the floor. They play "tag"and have mock chases all the time, and I don't really worry about theirinteractions. She was swiping his feet as he ran by, and rolling aroundon her back as if to say, "play with me!"
She got distracted by something (Peanut, I think) andlooked away - belly completely exposed. And at that exactmoment, Rex launched into a spectacular jump-twist-flip...
...and landed square on top of the cat :shock:
Miko's expression was just priceless. She had beencaught off guard by the rabbit. With her mom and her sister sheknows to be wary of sneak attacks. But the harmless bunny?
The best part of it was, though, Rex's reaction. Orlack thereof. If it had been a mistake, I would have expected him toact a little surprised after landing on a soft, cushy object thatimmediately jumped off and ran off. He didn't so much as blink. Justsat there for a moment, and continued running around.
(He'd never admit to it, but I think the little stinker planned it.)
And poor Miko was so humiliated she jumped up on thebed and snuggled with mom. I don't think she'll make that mistakeagain...:p

from: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/edit_post.php?id=115846

slavetoabunny wrote:
m.e. wrote:
slavetoabunny - your girls are so gorgeous!!:love:I could seriously sit and stare at them allday.

Rex doesn't have crinkly whiskers - he doesn't have any whiskers at all:dunno:

I read somewhere that the rexes with very thick fur have nowhiskers. Rex looks like he has thick fur like Sparky - andshe has no whiskers. I considered getting them weaves at onepoint so they wouldn't have whisker envy.

Thanks for the compliment. Rex is gorgeous too - I would love to run my hand over the beautiful black fur.
My first rabbit, Fudge,was a castor Rex, and she didn't haveany whiskers either. She had the sweetest nature -the vet said thatFudge didn't think she was a rabbit but thought of herself as a 'littlehuman'.

Jan

I have a question for Rex breeders:

What do the does use to line their nests?

Their fur is too short to pull, right?

Just curious,

Laura

None of our Mini Rex does has ever hadany trouble lining a nest with her own fur. It may be short,but it's generally dense. The nest is very softandquite sufficient.

:stork:

A local rescue just got in fifty rabbits (from one home!).

They don't have pictures or info up yet. I am DYING to see what they have.

I'm ready for a new baby.

Laura

About five years ago I went to bunny house atthe Allentown fair where a woman let me hold her mini rex. Ifell in love with the fur and decided I would get a mini rex someday.

Instead, he got me.:inlove:

I went to the same bunny house at the same fair a few months after Babypassed away. I must have walked by about 200 rabbits in theircages, when this little black mini rex buck came up and licked my hand.

Hef5.jpg

I HAD to take him home! I named him Hef, since all my other buns were girls.:D

We took him around the rest of the fair with us in his little petcarrier box. We were with another couple and stopped at theoutdoor cafe for drinks on our way out. So we put his box onthe table and opened it so he could look around. We drew sucha crowd! Everyone wanted to see the cute little face thatkept looking out of the top of the box! I especially likedone girl's comment: "I keep seeing a head pop out of that boxand I've only had one beer!"

And what a GREAT personality on that little guy! He lovesattention, loves to be around people, and loves to play.:bunnydance: Wish I had that much energy! And he loves togive bunny kisses!

Here he is with his best buddy:

Hef2.jpg

Scott had a black lab when he was little named "Velvet". Ithink Velvet came back as a little black bunny! Hef does tendto act like a dog - he comes when you call his name, runs to therefrigerator when the door opens, begs for food, gets underfoot, youknow - all the things dogs do. But the bond he and Scott haveis what has me convinced.

:love:

What a WONDERFUL story, Bunny Mom! I told myfeed store the other day that if they got a black rex in, I'd just haveto bring him home and I'd just have to say that I "found" him. :p

Latest posts

Back