Spoiled Little Rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bright Eyes

Reaction score
*originally posted in wrong section !!

He just stares at me at thumps his back feet, it`s very loud!

I`m kind of a nighthawk, but I have to keep Panda caged late at night because he tends to get a little crazy during the late evening and early morning. He likes to tear around, slam into walls, and do all sorts of hilarious bunny things that I wouldn`t mind if it weren`t for the fact that people live below me, and I`d like to respect their right to sleep... :p

Anyway, he has taken to this new thumping habit, and it`s very loud! I`m worried that it will be a problem for the people downstairs. I put his cage on some yoga blocks in an attempt to block the sound, but it doesnt seem too effective... any one else have this problem?

Hahaha I can`t believe what a little attitude rabbits can have! He was out for nearly 12 hours today and he still complains! I think I`ve spoiled him...:p

Ours do that-Taffy especially. She ended up with Sore Hocks last summer from thumping so much. Usually the same time (11:00) every night I can hear them out thumping their feet. They're outdoor bunnies but from upstairs I can hear them.

Have you thought of talking to the neighbors? Let them know you are concerned your bun is disturbing them and what you have done (yoga blocks) to try and remedy the situation.

You may find out that they are understanding. I would have less issues with a neighbor that at least shows concern over noise than one that doesn't even if you can't stop the noise.

With mine I've started leaving her cage door open through out the day after bunny proofing my room so she has room to run, especially in the mornings when she's the most craziest lol She used to thump around 10am if I didn't let her out and my sleeping schedule was all over the place because of my exams. So i wrapped the bottom of her cage (which is like a tray and removable) with old towels but then she kept shredding them so now I put a blanket and the thumping isnt loud but now since she has the entire day to come in and out as she pleases her thumping has drastically reduced. I only keep the cage closed at night when I'm sleeping. Try blankets or towels, that might lessen the sound a bit.

And this is why Q isn't locked up at nighttime anymore. I found she was much quieter if I just let her out all night...she'd be happy and hyper for a few minutes and then would pass out and sleep through the night....but when I had her locked up, she'd just make noise all night (and I mean ALL night) because she wanted out.

Now she sleeps cuddled on my chair, and is a perfect little angel during the night.

Haha ! You're lucky! Q-tip sounds like a sweetheart. If I let Panda out overnight, I can only imagine what mischief he would get up to!

I'm definitely going to try the towels/blankets under the cage bottom, thanks!

Latest posts

Back