splitting up 7 week litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat70

Reaction score
Hi,

My doe is trying to "hump" everything she is not pregnant as my buck was nutered in July .

My baby bunnies are 7 weeks old now .Ive been advised to seperate from mum.

Is it ok to do this as they are all weened also is it ok to sex and seperate boy bunnies from girl bunnies ?

Im keeping two does out of the litter so i want them to be with mum anddad in one huge hutch ( dad is nutered !).The other babies i was goingto put boys in one hutch and girls in another ?

Any advice.These are Giant bunnies so the babies even though they are 7 weeks old are quite large .

As long as they are a healthy weight for theirage and are eating and drinking on their own, they will dofine. Just remember, it is less stressful for them to removethe mother from the cage and put her in a different cage.This way the babies are still in their "own" environment.

Sharon

Hi

Im moving mum and dad into a new hutch ive just bought a huge wooden playhouse.

Would it be ok to put the two babies we are keeping in with mum and dad too?

The young buck will be able to mate with hissister and mother by 12 weeks of age, so he cannot be kept in the hutchwith the does. The four rabbits together may fight in orderto establish dominance in the "herd", so I would be cautious in placingthem together.

Pam

Latest posts

Back