SpiderBunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score
Popcorn is our little lionhead - he's 10 weeks old - He doesn,t seem to be a chewer at this time but he does seem to want to get out of his cage & pen. He escaped out over his 14" high C&C grid once because my son didn,t close his cage properly. I've seen him jump on the spot and he can clear 14" no problem!

My daughter saw him caught on the C&C grid yesterday just trying to get over the edge and she got him down but today I saw him jump on the side of the X-Pen and cling to the grid near the top - he was holding on. Could he manage to climb higher and out or are they just jumpers?

I swear this rabbit is Lucifer or Spiderbunny or something- he's always looking over the side of the grids - we tell him no but he could jump that no problem. If there were rabbit jumping competitions around here , I swear this one would win all the prizes - he's a tiny thing but I've seen him jump 4 feet horizontally and over 18" vertically

Can bunnies climb and should I be worried?

We had three that were climbers--a Netherland Dwarf, a Mini, and a full sized Lop that would climb up and over fencing that was 5 feet high. Some can jump and some learn to climb. Gives a whole new definition to Rabbit-proof.

Gumby is an avid climber/jumper... He will escape from ANYTHING if given the chance lol.

Man, something else to worry about - again last night he had jumped onto the grid & he ended up jumping back down - (maybe he's building up his strength gradually). This little spiderbunny will be the end of me! He's missing grid at the top of his two grid high cage, now I'm worried he'll climb up and out through that hole. Man can that bunny jump high & run fast!

Bambi, our little Chocolate Mini Rex is the world class jumper. If we don't close her hutch when we let her out, she puts herself up. Have found up on top of counters and windowsills too.

My little man will jump up against the cubes and jump onto the second level of his cage. When I was trying to build his cage at first, I only did it 1 cube high and he would propel himself off of the top of the cube and jump twice as long. So I thought maybe 2 high would do it... he proceeded to climb them and jump out. So now I wont make a cage without a roof! :)

Bunnies are Amazing!

the problem is .once they find an exit ..they will obsessively keep trying to get out that way.
if u cant close it in with a proper top then u gotta give them the illusion that there is a top on it and they cant get thru it...a fitted sheet works perfectly with an xpen cuz it will snug around the top ,.it doesnt need to be welded on to the cage..they just need to be able to see it when they look up..he will think twice about trying to get over that thing...another option is the top row of NIC cubes i bend into an "L" shape ,flip upside down ..with the L bending into the pen,that creates a 6-7" barrier on the very top of the pen which will keep him from getting over it....but this method needs to have a support for the xpen cuz it will be top heavy and want to lean inward,,so u gotta hook the xpen to something stable...once my jumpers got a little older and realized thats where they live..they dont tend to try and escape like they do when they were young....ive had to do NIC cubes 3 panels high before.

a friend of mine has a bunny that kept jumping over the fence and got caught and dislocated his leg..not a good injury for a bun..he had to get a very expensive surgery.

Latest posts

Back