Spider Bite?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a litter of 11 babies. One was a peanut and die right away. They are now 5 weeks old and 4 more have died through out that time. All of them were just laying on their side eyes open and full bellys. I found that 2 more from the same litter were acting really weird this morning. I separated them from the others but they are acting like they have been bitten by something venomous. They are both still alive but barely. What should I do? Is there any explanation to this?

Two suggestions: one, let the forum here know how you are keeping these rabbits, including diet, enclosure etc. Two, I would recommend have at least one the most recently deceased babies necropsied to get an accurate diagnosis.. .might be a bit of $$ but knowing exactly why they are dying will not only help avoid this situation again, but may even save the remaining babies..

A lot of times for necropsies you can call your states agricultural department and ask them who to call to get it done. Or call your vet and they might be able to help with who does it. I've heard of some instances where they come to pick the animal up for you, its different in every state. The prices differ from state to state, I've heard of some being free then up to $60. I guess it just depends on which state you live in.

Latest posts

Back