Special thanks to everyone who helped Harley and I.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jynxie

Reaction score
Harley LOVES my netbook...

I think he's trying to say thanks to you guys... What do you think?

DSC02702.jpg

My little guy is FULL of energy today, he keeps coming over to his cage with puppy dog eyes to be let out. He likes to sit under my chin while I browse RO. He also likes the taste of my chin too, I havebeen getting bunny kisses all day:p I haven't seen him this active even before he got sick. I'm pretty sure he's happy and feeling A LOT better! Thank you so much for everyones advice and helping me save my little guy.

So while he was out, we took a few pictures.

DSC02713.jpg

DSC02716.jpg

DSC02719.jpg

I'm really glad to hear Harley is feeling better. I looked at the thread and noticed that the pineapple juice kicked in after about 45 minutes. That's how it went for my baby also, I'd give it to her and within the hour she would be pooping like mad. Harley is super cute by the way.

Strange question but how many poops do you think you got? Usually it was well over 100 for Fraggles. She was so tiny, I could not imagine what her little tummy felt like with all that there. Harley must be feeling tons better also.

The first 15 minutes there was over 20. He has slowed down a bit since then, but still being a poop machine.

I just tried counting what he`s done so far and I got over 80 and then lost count. I haven`t cleaned them up yet, since I want to show my boyfriend how much better he is feeling - poop wise haha. I`m sure he will be impressed.:p

Besides, Harley will not stop begging to come out, so I said he could hang outside his cage until his Daddy got home.

Wow - I had thought of suggesting pineapple juice but had other breeders tell me that they wouldn't recommend it at his age - that's why I didn't suggest it (due to sugars, etc).

I'm so glad he's doing better.

I am hoping his Daddy likes pineapple juice, since other then the little bit I saved for Harley... I have no use for it, and it is a huge can! haha.

I am so glad he is better then ever. My eating and pooping machine. :3

Also I read that pineapple juice could dehydrate him so I gave him 1ml of pineapple juice and 3 ml of his baby gaterade stuff haha. Maybe it helped with the sugar, watered it down a bit.

Either way, he is so much happier now, as am I!
I was so worried I was going to lose him, thank you, thank you, thank you RO!

Ya pineapple juice can be dehydrating due to the sugar but diluted or piggy backed with the pedilyte like Carly did is very safe. Sometimes when things are getting as bad as they were you just have to take a risk. Nothing moving threw a rabbits stomach is deadly especially for such a young baby.

For that young of a baby it can be dangerous. Also it should be FRESH not from a can. Best bet at such a young age would be fiber to help push through. Hydration is key you don't want to cause a back up.

Latest posts

Back