Special From Us At Small Pet Select

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieSPS

LaurieSPS
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Our names are Laurie and Billy and we are completely new to this forum. We are the owners of Small Pet Select (http://smallpetselect.com/). We sell high quality timothy hay and deliver it direct for small animal owners across the continental U.S. I talked with the admin (Austin) and asked if it would be okay to post a special for the members of this forum and he said it would be okay, so here I am!

EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM

For the next month, Small Pet Select will give members of this forum FREE SHIPPING plus a FREE 'I LOVE MY RABBIT' Sticker when you purchase timothy hay from us at http://smallpetselect.com/timothy-hay/.

Rabbit-Sticker2.jpg

-->We've attached a file so you can see what the sticker looks like. These stickers are very cute and our customers have really liked them! However please note they are not bumper stickers, they are really more of an indoor sticker that you can put on your laptop our outside of your buns living area or by your desk. They are great stickers but just want to be upfront that they do not withstand harsh weather conditions very well, inside use is best for these:).

--> As for the hay, it is a 2nd cutting premium timothy hay. Our primary goal is to find the very best hay possible and deliver it direct to small animal owners across the U.S. The hay we are using now is a nice 2nd cutting, softer textured hay. I could go on and on but really the best way for you to get and understanding of the product and the quality is to hop on over to our site and check out some of the photos, videos, and reviews. Our hay page is at http://smallpetselect.com/timothy-hay/ and our shopping cart with all the reviews is at https://shop.smallpetselect.com/. And If you would like to see more video reviews that our customers have posted, just go to youtube and type in 'Small Pet Select Timothy Hay Reviews' and you will see a bunch of them and you should be able to get a good idea about the quality of the hay. And of course, if you have any questions for me feel free to ask and we will gladly answer them!

Thanks so much and looking forward to meeting you all!

I was literally looking at hays just yesterday and considered Oxbow - but yours looks great!

How do you suggest the hay you sell be stored? And also - I'm wondering about what size is advisable for someone with two rabbits? One is approx 5 lb and the other (he isn't here yet, hehe) will be about 2.5lb ~ 3lb at full adult weight. So what size would be the best for my two? I usually get a lot of hay at one time but much goes to waste because it is rots/molds before we get through half of it.

Sorry for the questions! Your hay looks super good and that sticker is adorable. :) I wonder if super fresh hay would encourage my hay-abhorring Heidi to eat more...

Hi Elise! Actually we don't have any bunnies at the moment. We had a rabbit years ago and thinking about getting another one, but currently in our household just a pair of guinea pigs (Lily and Lizzy) and our dog Scooter:).

I was literally looking at hays just yesterday and considered Oxbow - but yours looks great!

How do you suggest the hay you sell be stored? And also - I'm wondering about what size is advisable for someone with two rabbits? One is approx 5 lb and the other (he isn't here yet, hehe) will be about 2.5lb ~ 3lb at full adult weight. So what size would be the best for my two? I usually get a lot of hay at one time but much goes to waste because it is rots/molds before we get through half of it.

Sorry for the questions! Your hay looks super good and that sticker is adorable. :) I wonder if super fresh hay would encourage my hay-abhorring Heidi to eat more...

Great Questions...

For storage, our 4.5lb and 8lb boxes open and close for easy storage. These boxes are high strength corrugated so they protect the hay from the sunlight and from over handling. My suggestion would be to start with the 8lb box for your two bunnies. If you decide you'd like to buy more in bulk we also have a 20lb size. The hay will not go bad as long as you keep it in the box...it will stay good for several more months. The truth is the hay doesn't get ruined by exposure to air so much as being exposed to light and to over handling, which is the main difference between the hay we ship direct in these boxes and the hay you would buy in a bag off the retail shelf (the hay in the stores had to go a longer journey of being handled multiple times when sold from manufacturer to distributor to retailer, then handled more when put on the retail shelf, while also being exposed to light in the plastic bag which sucks the moisture out of the hay. Combined with the overhandling this is the reason the hay in the stores can seem yellow/dried out and pulverized/chaffed).

I hope this helps and sorry for rambling on...! :). If you have any other questions just let me know!

Latest posts

Back