spaying...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylove817

Reaction score
Is there any way to tell if a bunny has been spayed? I adopted a female rabbit from the humane society and they couldn't find the spay certificate.. so is there any way to tell other than like an ultrasound?

Thanks!!

You can try to find a spay scar, but it can be difficult. I can't easily find them on my dogs and with the I don't have to look past a bunch of fur. You would probably have to shave her belly area to check, and even then you might not see it.

It would be nice if there was some sort of hormone test that could be done, either blood or urine. Even if there was, it would probably be expensive. If a person can pee on a stick and find out of they are pregnant or not, why can't a rabbit pee on a stick to see if she is spayed or not.

bunnylove817 wrote:
Is there any way to tell if a bunny has been spayed? I adopted a female rabbit from the humane society and they couldn't find the spay certificate.. so is there any way to tell other than like an ultrasound?

Thanks!!
well,-no,,won,t get pregnant,,will not get uteran cancer,,those are the benifits,live longer too,,perhaps has little interest in male activities--but i think ultrasound too,to be sure...sorry...sincerely james waller:wave:

bunnylove817 wrote:

Thanks!!

The humane society should have some other record of the spay other than the certificate.

maybe you could ask them to check their records again

if they get the spay/neuters done at the shelter this is a fairly big error. .

The foster said that they thought that she had been spayed by their vet, but didnt know. They are looking for the records. Its just that they just started spaying and neutering the rabbits, they used to not do it (until some very angry rabbit people explained how important it is).

They promised me she is spayed, and I believe them.. but I would like to know for sure.

sometimes a person can feel the scar...

hopefully she is...if anything they should go through the trouble to find out if she is or not as a promise is a promise and on word or paper that rabbits spay was their responsibility

Back