Spaying...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel

Reaction score
[sup]I'm trying to decide now that the time is getting closer, if I should spay Flopsy and Hazel together, or do them a week apart. I was wondering what people with multiple bunnies had done before me.

I think seperate would be good because I could keep the spayed one seperate for the healing period and make sure she got all of the attention she needed every second with no other bunny to occupy my thoughts.

But then I wonder if, since they were bonded for so long and now live next to each other and have never been seperated, if it would be more stressful to seperate them...

Ahhhh.... I don't know what to do!! Help!
[/sup]

I've always got my rabbit's done in groups (other than one boy). I had two spayed together recently and it was far easier because I could compare them and so I knew if one was feeling off, or one was not recovering as well. It's double the stress though, so bear that in mind too.

Together, that way they can be near each other the whole time. Can give them alot of comfort. Also healing will finish sooner and you can work on putiing them back together.

I didn't even think of the comparision thing, but that's a great point, thanks so much Flashy. As for the stress, it's either double the stress or double the time of being stressed.. haha :)

Jade, yeah, that's what I was thinking, that they would like to be near each other for it.

Thanks so much guys! :)

I had Sparky and Scooter both spayed the same day. I'm glad I did. I only had to worry once and they had each other for comfort.

I think I would do them together too, they will have each other for comfort and warmth after the surgery, and you won't have to keep them separate for the healing process. Also, some vets will give you a small discount if you bring in more than one at a time, you would have to check with your vet to see if they do that.

Latest posts

Back