Spaying on Thursday!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llama

Reaction score
This just all hit me like a ton ofbricks. The fact that I have no idea what to expect whenJetta get spayed! :shock: With cats/dogs we just always letthem be until they want to be loved on. Rabbits are gonna bedifferent!

She has what I believe you all know as Carefresh in her litterbox. I use the Critter Care brand from ourwal-mart. She has no other bedding in her cage that is aplastic bottomed/wire top. How do I prepare her cage forcoming home? Should i take out the box so she doesn't ripstitches while hopping in and out? It's a standard cat boxthat I use for her. What about food and such too?

When we had hetti spayed we took out all the hayetc and just put in towels. They do reccommend that u leavethe litter tray in to prevent infection but we have a high litter trayso removed it.

Feed her on normal food as normal and put a bit of hay in there in thecorner for her aswell. if you use white sheets u can monitordroppings and wee as normal. My vet nurse said as soon as wewere sure that she was weeing and pooing as normal we could let herout. Hetti did a fair bit of that before we let her out andshe was fine.

I'll probably take out the pan as it does have 4inch sides. I ouldn't even want to imagine hox painful itwould be for her to scrape her belly on the edge. :(

they are quite smart and do jump but i have to admit i thought i'd be easier for her if she didnt :)

It is worrying but she should be fine you just have to make sure she isgoing to the loo normal and that she eats even if u have to bribe herwith her fave food xx

the pain can cause them not to but she should be given pain killers anyway before she comes home xx

Mocha eats like a horse but wouldn't right afterher surgery. I needed to hand feed her- she wouldn't eatanything that I wasn't holding, even oats! Nutrical is alsogood for getting nutrients in her and encouraging herappetite. Loki actually started eating his pellets to get thetaste of the Nutrical out of his mouth.:p

I'll be praying for you and your little one, Llama. Please let us know when you hear from the vet.

:pray:

-Carolyn

Im sure Jetta will come through with flyingcolors....maybe for a substitute litter box you can just usea plain cardboard box and just cut out a gap so she walk rightin.....Pet Bunny had a great picture of a box that was lined withplastic (a garbage bag would prolly work) ..Good Luck!!

I brought Kelso in to be neutered on Tuesday andhe is just fine. The vet said no food or water for 3 hours after cominghome, and no exercise for 5-7 days. I put a wooden board in his cage tolay on, since it's a wire bottom and I don't want that interfering withthe incision. They also said to check the incision every day forswelling or redness.

I'm sure Jetta will be fine. ;)

Back