Spaying my girl- anyone know a good place to get a rabbit spayed in calgary?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddie_20

Reaction score
hey guys i just talked to the vet that inormally take my girl too and they said that it costs 170$ to get herspayed i dont' have that kind of money right now so i was thinking ofwaiting.. do you guys know anywhere else in calgary that offers to doit for cheaper? and she is only 3 months old do you think i can waittill after she is 1 to get her spayed?

thanks

Madhura

Hi Madhura: I live in Calgary and I got mineneutered and it cost me $200.00. Spaying from what I have heard costsmore then neutering, so maybe that isn't such a bad deal at all. Iwaited until mine was 6 months old to get him fixed, when his hormonesstarted kicking in and he started to bite me, and peeing everywhere tomark his territory. Have you tried phoning around to different placesto see what they charge? I never phoned the SPCA, but that's worth atry, as that would probably be a lot cheaper.

Carol

that's going to be about the lowest price youfind in Calgary. I called around to quite a few places.. however, youalso don't want someone that doesnt know what they're doing!!when we get the money to get my little girl spayed, we're going to theVets on 4th street. (look it up in the phone book..i cantremember the name!) but they have a doc there that knows about bunnies:) and they were all amazing when mr licks broke hisleg.. they took awesome care of him :)

as an aside, it's also a 24 hour emergency room for animals, so you have a place to go in the event of an emergency!

Call theASPCA or equivalent in Canadaand see do they offer spay/neutervouchers they will helpout with a small amount towardthe spay , I know they do here in thestates .

Latest posts

Back