spayed rabbit pooping everywhere

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat303

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a 6 year old rabbit who was spayed when I first got her. I moved into a new apartment in August and she was completely fine with the change and was actually enjoying all the new attention and new people. Except for recently, she has started pooping around the room every once in a while, and also pooping some in her cage, not in her litterbox. I do have a lot of people coming in and out of my apartment, so I'm guessing this is a territorial thing, but how do I get her to stop? My roommates are getting annoyed. :/

Thanks

You didn't say if your rabbit is free-roam or if she has a pen. Either way, I think she is trying to claim the entire apartment as her territory and that's not a good idea. You need to limit her access to one specific area/pen for most of the day for several weeks, at least; long enough for her to take possession of it and know it's boundaries. This area should, of course, include her litter box as well as her eating/drinking area, toys, etc. You can let her out for a few hours while you're there to keep an eye on her.

Latest posts

Back