Spay prices???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharky1

Reaction score
My vet has done bunnies in the past and would spay the soon to be new girls but 130 a piece.... Is this normal??:?:? In the last two weeks the dog has run me about 250$ so this is alot to think about

Where I live in northeast Ohio it's $250 to $285. $130 is very reasonable for a spay of any kind (rabbit, cat), at least in my area.

I'd actually consider $130 as a cheap spay. Around here neuters run $90+ and spays run on average about $250 with some as low as $130 and others as high as $350.

That's a pretty reasonable price. I paid $147 for my girls. I would still phone rabbit savvy vet offices and check around just to make sure that's the least expensive :).

In my corner of Ohio, my vet charges $160 I think for a rabbit spay. Could be a little less. The thing that drives the price up with us is the mask down fee. From what I've heard, $130 to $170 is very reasonable.

$130 is really good. That's about what my vet costs when you include the optional pre-surgery blood work, and I've heard the Milwaukee shelters send people to him that can't afford Milwaukee vet prices.

If you're a little strapped for cash, ask around at shelters. Some include rabbits in their spay/neuter programs. I know my local shelter does. It only costs $30 dollars there and that vet has a lot of experience with bunny spays. But before you go there make sure they are bunny savvy. Not all shelter vets are.

Thank you

I will save up for the girls or maybe a boy will be the one;)

I am having trouble finding bunny vets/...

NO low costs in a 50 mile radius do bunnies :?

Dad does a spay for between $125-$225, depending. Not including pre-op bloodwork., which is $80.

seniorcats wrote:
Where I live in northeast Ohio it's $250 to $285. $130 is very reasonable for a spay of any kind (rabbit, cat), at least in my area.
I shpuld have added that includes blood work, an overnight stay and pain meds at the clinic and to take home.

Bebe was spayed last Tuesday.

Pre-checkup $45.00

spay $170.00

Metacam $10.48

Rorbugesie $15.66

-------------------------------------------------

Total $255.61

My vet charges around $200-220. This includes the spay/neuter and any pain meds, antibiotics and bene-bac that he sends us home with.

I think $130 is a really reasonable price, we payed $250 for each or our girls, including the precheck up! You're getting a good deal.

i payed $110 for peapoo's spay.. that was med, checkup and all..

cats & dogs are $50-60

but if you go to the spay neuter clinic (dogs&cats) its even cheaper.. like $40

I've found a VERY good place near me that'll do it for $100. :D

Also, be sure to check around with different organizations and see if they're reputable and rabbit-savvy enough. I found mine recommended on the BunnyLuv site, so I'm sure they're wonderful. :)

$100 at the vet that I had Madilyn spayed at.

For Marlin, though, I am going to be smarter....use a different vet and get a check up before the neuter. So, it may end up costing me more. I still have to call around this week for prices.

Back