Sparrow And Bubble Gum's Hijinks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionsRawr

Reaction score
Well I brought Bubble Gum and Sparrow home today from my friends place. It was an interesting car ride back, because I had to sit in the back of the "Element" and keep the cages from sliding around lol.

I noticed even then that Bubble Gum is the mellow one. She just settled in her bedding and layed down. She seemed so unphased by the whole thing.

Sparrow wasent bad either. But she didn't want to lay down and enjoy the ride like Bubble Gum. But there is something about that little grey Lionhead that just melts my heart already.

After I got them home I quickly snapped a few pics for the RO members and then changed their bedding from that nasty cedar chip stuff. While I did that both buns got their first lookat their room/my room. And neither one tried to run off and hide which was nice. They even both started exploring their apple twigs and other toys/treats.

So far Bubble Gum is exploring the most out of her cage. She is a very curious Lop who is loving exploring her new home. Sparrow is sticking more too her cage. Which I expected. But I know with everyday they will both feel more and more comfortable here and eventually bond to me.

Im so excited to have them in my life!

Thanks Sassy!

Today they feel alittle more comfortable. Bubble Gum was not happy with being put back in her cage last night. And she let me know by thumping her foot lol. Someone likes being a house rabbit ;).

Today they have both spent most of the day outside of their cages. I was so excited when Sparrow decided to hop out of her cage right in front of me! But of course I couldn't show it or it would have freaked her out. But it was a major hop forward for my cute little girl.

Her favorite place to lay is right next to the heater vent.

Bubble Gum likes that place as well. But really she likes to lay everywhere it seems. She even layed down and streatched out her cute bunny legs while outside of her cage.

She is warming up quicker than Sparrow. As was expected. She love love LOVES to have her cheeks massaged and her ears rubbed. She just closes her eyes and looks so content. I love it!

I went to the grocery store and stocked up with bags of salad and stood there for an hour portioning out food for the next few weeks. They are going to be two very spoiled rabbits. They definately loved their salad for today. Along with their pellets and hay.

Bubble Gum just circled my legs! As far as everything I have read that means that she atleast likes me already!

Just now after giving her a good ear and cheek rub, I got up to go out of my bedroom. And she raced over from what seemed like a dead sleep to quickly circle my legs and put her paws up against my leg.

Awwwwwwww she likes me she really likes me!

So of course I sat back down and gave her more ear rubs :D

Today was a day of progress. I introduced three more of my other pets to the buns.

First this morning after cleaning the house I allowed Sawyer (Labrador that is already accepted by the rabbits) and Maggie May my female Cocker Spaniel, in my bedroom to see Bubble Gum and Sparrow.

Maggie did great! She was curious and just sniffed and wagged her nub while Bubble Gum and Sparrow sniffed her.

I then introduced them to my biggest male cat Emmett. Emmett was the only one of the cats I was worried about. Since he was abandoned outside. But he had also been at a no kill shelter for two years after that where he was strictly indoors (as he is here). Emmett surprised me by being more afraid than aggressive. He wasent sure what those hopping beasts were but they sure weren't appetizing.

They also met my other two male cats Smidgeon and Quincy. Both did great. Smidgeon especially fell in love with Bubble gum. He was head butting her and purring like crazy while she sniffed his face.

The only cat they havent met yet is my female cat Wicked. But im not too worried since she has never in her life been outside.

I plan to do multiple meetings between the rabbits and the other animals over the next week. Then I plan to introduce the girls to the rest of the house when I am confident that the other animals won't harm them. That gives me more time to bunny proof the living room too.

Today was also the first day that Sparrow didn't growl at me everytime I touched her! Which is a big deal since the last two days thats all she has done. And she actually spent more time today outside of her cage (I leave their cages open in my bunny proofed room through out the day) while I was in the room! Which was anouther big step forward because in the last couple days every time I entered my room she would bolt for her cage.

I was even able to rub her forehead and ears. She also spent alot of time rubbing her face on my feet and sniffing me all over.

She is still alot more skittish than Bubble Gum. But she's slowly getting there. Its pretty cool to see her daily progress actually.

And now for a few pictures taken today

"I shneef your leg"

10p4pdz.jpg

Sparrow on her shelf. And yes she took that carrot up there herself.

2wluan6.jpg

Getting lovings

wuh1jm.jpg

2v9c6yd.jpg

*Wash wash*

20ur28z.jpg

Such a purdy bun!

311voxt.jpg

I will have more pictures of Sparrow in my next entry!

Sparrow and Bubble Gum had a good day today.

They met the last animal in the house to meet. My female cat Wicked. It went pretty well.....and interesting. Wicked was terrified and shaking and thats when Bubble Gum hopped up on her backside and started humping her!

Good thing both rabbit girls are getting spayed soon! I will admit it was a really funny sight.

Today Sparrow spent alot more time out of her cage and even allowed me to pet her multiple times. She thumped her foot the least today out of all her days here so far. And she only growled at me once. Alittle bit of progress everyday!

Bubble Gum has decided that she is absolutely in love with me. Every time I enter my room she runs happy circles around my legs and lightly grinds her teeth waiting for lovings lol.

Well as promised here are a few more pictures of the girls that I took today!

Spot the Sparrow!
6ib1bt.jpg

"Here I be!!!"
2lszyw.jpg

Bubble Gum on my bed
jintdt.jpg

Sparrow looking beautiful
70b0hj.jpg

16kuyxc.jpg

My little lioness ;)
wuh6l0.jpg

Destructo Bun! (Not really, the dogs actually did that. Happily its being recarpeted in a week!)
2nak6lz.jpg

Things are looking up!

I was convinced after a bad night with Sparrow being impossibleabout going into her cage. That maybe I would never have a bond with her. That I would only be able to enjoy her from a distance.

But since that night. There seems to be a difference in her feelings towards me. I was able to get my hands on her the next day with no growling. I then tranced her to do her nails. After which instead of making a hasty exit she actually allowed me to rub her forehead and cheeks.

After that I brought her down to the living room and let her run loose on her own. Since I noticed she is most confident and curious left on her own.

The day after that I got both the girls out of their cages and then picked up Sparrow without a problem. I then sat down with her and rubbed her cheeks until her eyes grew heavy and she sank into my lap.

I couldn't help but smile like a fool. It was the first sign that she may not completely hate me.

To make things even better after being loose in the living room for a bit she ran her first binkies! I was so happy to see that she was happy.

And every day sense then has been better and better. I feel like she is really starting to not see me a threat or annoyance. But a pretty positive aspect in her new life.

I am really starting to fall for that little grey lioness ;).

Since this was mainly a Sparrow "chapter", I will share some pics of Bubble Gum. These were taken of her in the living room.

(Oh and im getting a better camera soon! So better quality rabbit pictures will be coming!)

2sb1h14.jpg

27yz502.jpg

20p3ll3.jpg

dm48yb.jpg

2j5mi2u.jpg

2urbhpw.jpg

Back