Sparkling Eyes adoption

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparklingEyes

Reaction score
Hello all!

I logged in as Sparkling Eyes but it's too confusing, as all I ever talk about is my bunny, Sparkling Eyes!

Sparkling Eyes the bunny is a new mom and a very good one - I found outhow much she loves to mother today! I needed to move some bunies fromone cage to another to sex them, and gave Sparkling Eyes two babiesfrom another mom. I watched her carefully, for she could have hurt themif she didn't like them in her cage. She immediately hovered over thamand licked them, encouraging them to suck! I recently sold two ofherbabies and she must miss them. It is,in myexperience, a strange thing for a mother rabit to adopt new babies.What a sweetheart!

Lori from Canada :Canada:

awwww.... she sounds very sweetindeed! And she reminds me of my doggie that I had yearsago. She was such a mothering one! She even triedto mother our baby chicks hehehe.

/themes/default/sign_welcome.gifglad to have you on theforum.thanks for sharing such asweet story. I hope all works out for mom and babies,....sounds like italready has.

SparklingEyes wrote:
. It is,in my experience, a strange thing for amother rabit to adopt new babies. What a sweetheart!

Lori from Canada :Canada:
Hi Lori & welcome to the forum... what a sweet story.

I breed lionheads and I have to say that my moms will foster and adoptwithout any problems at all usually. Last night I was shockedduring my does' and baby playtime to seea mama nursing one ofher 10 week old babies plus 3 other babies from two othermamas. But they nursed just fine - and then two of theyounger ones went and found their own mama and nursed again.(It almost looked like a mama was gonna try to nurse from her too - butmaybe she was upset cause HER babies were being nursed).

So far in my breeding experience, I find that many many rabbits are better moms than we think they would be.....

Anyway - welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing about your doe!

Peg

:wave:Hi Lori and welcome

Sparkling eyes sounds like the sweetest little thing,i love her name also :)

we would love to see some pictures of her :)

cheryl

TinysMom wrote:
I breed lionheads and I have to say that my moms will fosterand adopt without any problems at all usually. Last night Iwas shocked during my does' and baby playtime to seea mamanursing one of her 10 week old babies plus 3 other babies from twoother mamas. But they nursed just fine - and then two of theyounger ones went and found their own mama and nursed again.(It almost looked like a mama was gonna try to nurse from her too - butmaybe she was upset cause HER babies were being nursed).

So far in my breeding experience, I find that many many rabbits are better moms than we think they would be.....

Or dads.....my Bub's dad had two little wild kits following him aroundone day trying to nurse. The look of shock and violation on his facewas priceless! He led them up to me with a look that clearly said,"What do I DO????"

:D

Welcome Lori!

Rose

Dads! That would be a shock, don't you think?Bunnies have such personalities. Thank you all for sharing your storieswith me! :D

Lori

Latest posts

Back