Sorry but ive had a bad day...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crisi1987

Reaction score
I've noticed people "rant" on here about something bad thats happened. i have no one to talk to for the next month because everyones gone so i hope its ok if i type out whats wrong. i have a black german shepherd dog, hes our guard dog. well my grandpa had a party about 3 weeks ago with all his friends, what he did was took down our divider fence inside our yard and screwed one side to a part of the fence that was there and then the other side touched another part.. if that makes sense. anyways it was supposed to be temporary but my grandpa's knee popped, hes had at least 5 knee replacement surgeries just on that knee, so hes been going to the hospital a lot for it, so the fence has stayed where it is. i never thought to look if it was secure or not. well today i heard my dog king barking and i looked out the back window and i saw him running down the driveway so i quick ran out after him i saw a lady and a little girl run and turn into the neighbors driveway where king followed, he wasnt barking or growling anymore but i ran to get him, the little girl was crying and the mom was on topof the neighbors car screaming, i grabbed king and told them id be right back and i took him into the yard. i went back out but they werent there, then i heard a knock on my door and it was the police, i found out king actually bit the little girl, not hard enough to break the skin, but still. i feel so horrible for it. we showed that hes up to date with his shots and that hes licensed, and the cops said she was going to be okay and everything. i talked to her mom on the phone and she said she'd be okay and i told her i felt horrible about it. i cant believe my dog did that, i keep thinking he thought the little girl was playing cause she was running away and thats how he plays with other little kids that are over at our house. but i feel terrible because that has to be a really bad experience for a little girl, she was only 9 years old. i hope shes not going to be terrified of dogs because of this.

I know how awful you must feel :hug2 But it was an accident, and there's no way you could have known that would happen.

thanks, and thats a cute idea about the stuffed dog toy. i talked to her mom on the phone this morning and her and her daughter came over to actually meet king. he was perfectly fine with her and she seemed to like him. the only times hes ever shown aggression is when someone has tried to break into our house, other than that he loves people especially kids. but i thought it was a good idea to show her that he is a nice dog and that he didnt mean to hurt her. and then she laughed when i told her he bites me like that all the time when hes hyper.

It's not your fault, these things happen :).

Someone we know, they have a REALLY hyper and lovable dog, but very playful. The friend of my dad has little kids and one of his sons let the dog off the leash. I guess the dog saw a jogger out on the road, and started chasing the jogger and bit him. They had the same thing happen when the police showed up at their door.

What a great ending to what could have been a terrible story!! I'm so happy to have read that she came over and got introduced to the dog! What a brave little cutie!! I think you handled any fears she may have had of dogs from here on out because of what happened. Good job!! :)

P.S. Feel absolutely free to rant with us anytime. :)

I can understand how terrible you must have felt,but sometimes accidents do happen,it's good to hear that there was a happy ending:)

Just last week here in Adelaide,a little girl was mauled by two dogs,she died in hospital,she was just 4 years old,it brings tears to my eyes knowing that,that little girl lost her innocent little life:(

cheryl

/themes/default/008.gifthats so sad cheryl!! Once a child and her friend were going to surprise her dad when he came home from work, so they hid underneath some leaves (this was in autumn, 2005) and the dad didn't even notice, and he ran over them! The daughter died, and the friend was in a coma for like 2 months!! But, the friend too passed away

Back