Sores

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah

Reaction score
Hi, My Rabbits are outdoor rabbits and havemetal flooring. My one rabbit has what looks like a sore on it's backfoot. I'm not sure what to do....any suggestions?

Thanks, Hannah

What you are describing is called sorehocks. It is best to get the bunny to the vet. Most times antibioticsare needed in case of infection.

I know it's a little too late but you need to put something intheir cage for them to rest on. They sell resting pads or you can makeyour own using a sheet of wood cut down to fit part of the cage. Thiswill help take the pressure off of their feet and give those preciousfeet a break.

Tina

Could I use Wound-Kote?

Isnt that for horses? if it is it is petrolium based , I suppose youcould use it but triple antibiotic cream would be a betteridea ,something like bacitracin , or a generic equivalent ,.

I would alsosuggest that if your rabbits are still on the wire that I would put awood plank down of part of the cage, or something that the bunny couldsit off if his feet start hurting again :)

~Amy

Latest posts

Back