Sore on mouth?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnykinz

Reaction score
Just underneath my sister's bunny's nose I've noticed the fur seems to be rubbed off:(. Today I noticed a small sore was starting to form. What could be causing this and how do I help it heal??:?

That could be anything, honestly, and would be grounds for your sis to take her bun to the vet. They could get a good look at it, maybe do some tests. All sorts of things could cause a sore to form, from the bunny scratching at it, rubbing it on something, a fungal or bacterial infection, a bug bite, etc.

It appears to be healing but it basically looks like a bit of fur missing and a tiny red sore just under his nose. It doesn't look very serious at all. I can't exactly get a picture at the moment.

Yeah I was thinking of syphillis too. If it would be that, you'd need injectible penicillin I believe. Keep an eye on the bunner's 'bits' to see if you notice anything going on down there.

It's hard to tell though. It could be so many things. I guess you could try the cream and see if it works and go from there. I think the cream might only help temporarily if it's more than just a small injury so then you'd know :)

Hope s/he heals quickly :biggrin2:

No, his face isn't swollen at all. It simply looks like he has been sticking his nose between the cage wires enough to rub off some fur. Edit: Looking at him again the fur has actually grown back and all that's left is a tiny little scab. Looks like it fixed itself before I could do anything! :p

Latest posts

Back