Sore hocks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullsgirl80

Reaction score
I just noticed a tiny pink spot on the bottom of my rabbits foot. Is this a sore hock? He is hopping normal and it doesn't seem to bother him

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1381979149.606520.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1381979163.089201.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Personally I just think that's the way her/his fur is. My rabbits have this tiny circle spot on their hocks and it hasn't seem to effect them in any shape or form.

If the pink bit becomes larger and more visible, I would suggest a vet taking a look.

It can be common for rabbits to have a spot of fur missing on their hocks. As long as it doesn't get sore and inflamed, then it should be ok, but it is something to keep an eye on. If it does seem to worsen, then you may need to take some steps to prevent irritation and and soreness. A visit to the vet may also be needed.

You can take preventative steps and provide soft flooring for your rabbit. A layer of fleece fabric on the floor is helpful.

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Skin_diseases/Mechanical/Pod/Podo.htm

Nope, it looks normal. If it begins to spread and become inflammed I would suggested putting regular cortizone cream on it. That is meant for inflammatory issues. When my grandmothers rabbit got sores, that was recommended to her by our vet and the sores were cleared up within a few days!

Great idea! Thank you

Latest posts

Back