sore foot?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola13

Reaction score
So this morning zentor jumped on my couch for the first time. He has been jumping on my bed for the past 4 months with no problems. But the couch is about an inch higher then my bed. I was surprised he jumped up there, but when he jumped off the couch he may have landed funny. he first seemed to hold his foot up, but after a min or so he started running around like normal. i havent let him jump on anything, but since this happened this morning he has occationally favored the one foot. I dont know if he just landed wonky and is going to be fine, or if it may be something vet worthy. He seems to be fine, but i know buns hide their pain well. how concerned should i be? if i have some pain killer left over from his neuter can i use that to keep him comfy till he heals?

thanks for the help!

I would try to keep him in a smaller area so that he doesn't use the foot for awhile . it is very possible that he sprained it and it will be sore for a few days but jumping and running on it will not help him.
it would be ideal to see the vet again but if you would prefer waiting you may want to talk to the vet per phone and explain the situation; if the medication from the nueter is fresh (probably meloxican?) it would be okay to use it for a few days.
if he continues to favor the foot after a couple days then you definitely should go to a vet for a recheck and possible x-ray.

Lola13 wrote:
So this morning zentor jumped on my couch for the first time. He has been jumping on my bed for the past 4 months with no problems. But the couch is about an inch higher then my bed. I was surprised he jumped up there, but when he jumped off the couch he may have landed funny. he first seemed to hold his foot up, but after a min or so he started running around like normal. i havent let him jump on anything, but since this happened this morning he has occationally favored the one foot. I dont know if he just landed wonky and is going to be fine, or if it may be something vet worthy. He seems to be fine, but i know buns hide their pain well. how concerned should i be? if i have some pain killer left over from his neuter can i use that to keep him comfy till he heals?

thanks for the help!
must be a young bun,,an older one who attempts such a feat-will likelydevelope severe spinal injuries.//.with any luck the bun didnot do any damage,,but it doesn,t take much for a leg / spinal injury,,there was a lady-dopped her rabbit off for a simple nail trimming,,the day turned into a nightmare,,when she got her bun back--there was a spinal injury,,seems there was a struggle during the trimming and an xray showed a broken back,,bun was pts....sincerely james waller--watch zentors behavior/habits/massage her legs/try to keep her quiet and evaluate for any pain,,,i would not just offer pain meds--masking the problem..:wave::rose::bunnydance:

I gave him a tiny bit of the medicine, just a lick last night. He has also been confined to his cage to prevent him from jumpping and running. this morning i just let him out and he seems to be all back to normal. He is still young, wont be a year for 2 more months. The jump he made was from only 2 feet up, so im hopeing he just landed funny and is ok now. but i will keep a keen eye on it for the next couple days. im trying to avoid the vet because my boyfriend and i just ran into some expensive legal trubles and the vet would cost over 200$. but that doesnt mean that i wont take him if he is in pain. I just dont want to take him in if nothing is wrong. ive done that before. anyway, thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Back