sore behind ear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisy052104

Reaction score
Tonight i noticed a scab type thing behind my bunny Holly's right ear. Any suggestions on what it is or what i can do to help it heal. From what I've seen since I found the sore it doesnt seem to bother her, she's not scratching at it or anything. I'm just a little concerned. Her other ear seems fine.

DSC00421.jpg

Has she had an injection or anything lately? Does she have a bonded partner? Could it be mites?

You might want to put something on it because it looks sore. If you were in the UK I would suggest 'Sudacreme' nappy rash cream, but you don't seem to have that over there, so someone closer to you might suggest something useful to you.

It's very small, so no need to put anything on it. It just appears to be a small scratch. Keep an eye on it for any indication of mites (white flakes in skin or re-occurring sores).

Pam

Thanks Pam. I'll definately keep an eye on it. I haven't noticed anything as far as flakes in her skin. Is there anything I should watch for from what it looks like now to a point where i would put something on it?

Back