sophisticat cat litter safe in the rabbits litter box?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellexgix

Reaction score
The cat litter is called sophisticat and its in a big white bag. We use it for my cats. It does say on it that you can use it for other animals but I just want to be absolutly sure its safe,

Anyone use it or know about it?

[align=center]Is it a clay litter? I heard rabbits cannot have clay litter. :?

More people will come along and give you a better answer...:)

Most people on here seem to use something like Equine Fresh (like me), Yesterday's News, or shredded newspaper I think. =O

http://www.catlitterdirect.co.uk/cat-litter.asp?ProductID=6

As far as I can see this is a clay based litter which is not safe for rabbits. Clay based and/or clumping cat litter clings to the feet of the rabbit and will be ingestedand can cause blockages ; it also can cause respiratory problems from the dust and perfumes

it is really best to use a paper based litteror kiln dried wood litter or other litters specifically made for small animals like carefresh, Feline Pine, yesterdays news , aspen litter, Woody Pet

I buy kiln dried horse bedding pellets and/or kiln dried pine shaving horse bedding at a farm store and it is really inexpensive. You cannot use shavings other than aspen unless the wood is kiln dried as the oils in wood are harmful to rabbits
From the library
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12084&forum_id=17

I hope that you can find something else to use for your rabbit's litterbox :)

How do you mean clay based?
Its in pellet form if thats what you mean,
It says its made of pine, but theres no smell from it though even when my nose is right up to you.
It says its safe for small animals but just making sure as you know they could be trying to sell it.

Its in a white bag, not the one you sent in a link..
Anyone know anything about it?
If not I think ill have to buy online.. which is very dear :/

After researching it's correct that Sophisticat litters does make some with wood pellets, which is safe to use bunnies. Is the litter you are asking about called Sophisticat Beauticat? It's a big white bag with pine wood pallets so I believe it's the right one. Anyway, yep you can use that if so.

Yes its sophtiscat beauticat, never saw the beauticat unitll i looked there...
Looking in my cat litter tray now it does go dusty when wet..
is it still ok?

Thanks everyone.. I decided not to go with it..
Didndt find enough about it..
Just ordering some yesterdays news of the internet.. Its dearere but theyre worth it :p

Latest posts

Back