sooooo happy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
i know, i just got ebony last night, and shouldnthave introduced Ivory and Ebony face to face yet. but i was sitting onthe floor holding Ebony, and Ivory came over, and started sniffing him.i slightly tightened my grip on Ebony, just enough that i could controlhim better. after Ivory had finished sniffing every part of Ebony thathe could, including his eye....he chinned him! im assuming thats a goodsign, but wont take it to mean they're best friends :p neither bunshowed any signs of aggression, and Ebony was just content beingsniffed and "pushed around" by Ivory when he was ramming his nose intoEbony's eye. right now, ivory's got the run of my den, while ebony hasthe run of my carrying case, so they can see each other through thebars.

Just watch them. Mr. Z does that toBunny, but she only tollerates it for so long. When she jumpoff my lap she is ready to be alone. Mr. Z will follow her,he adores her. After a while she will take a bite athim. Doesn't phase him at all but they could end up in a bigfight. She has gotten better, but she is mellow and he iswired.

Ed

dreamgal042 wrote:
i know, i just got ebony last night, and shouldnt haveintroduced Ivory and Ebony face to face yet. but i was sitting on thefloor holding Ebony, and Ivory came over, and started sniffing him. islightly tightened my grip on Ebony, just enough that i could controlhim better. after Ivory had finished sniffing every part of Ebony thathe could, including his eye....he chinned him! im assuming thats a goodsign, but wont take it to mean they're best friends :p neither bunshowed any signs of aggression, and Ebony was just content beingsniffed and "pushed around" by Ivory when he was ramming his nose intoEbony's eye. right now, ivory's got the run of my den, while ebony hasthe run of my carrying case, so they can see each other through thebars.

Lol..... the comment you made 'Ebony was just content being sniffed and"pushed around" by Ivory when he was ramming his nose into Ebony'seye.' just cracked me up!!! That is so funny :) I totally got awonderful mental image of Ivory being all inquisitive, trying to checkout the new bunny..... I hope that they DO end up being best bunbuddies! It would be wonderful for both of them :)

I agree.

Just watch for any signs of aggression and seperate them if thathappens. It probably will at some point, so they establish who is thedominant bun.

I've had good luck bonding my three rabbits, and trust me, Abby didnot like Valuran at first, so if you ever need help, just ask. :)

Oh, and can we see pictures???

Ivory did it again! was worried for a little cuzivory started biting, but i had ebony in my lap again today, and ivorychinned him again! and not just once! Ivory was sniffing, playing withebony's foot using his nose, and chinned him multiple times! i thinkwe're actually getting somewhere with these two

or maybe ivorys just waiting for me to leave the two of them alone sohe can rip ebony ear from ear :) then again, he just chinned the catcarrier ebony is in..

Latest posts

Back