Sooo Stressed Right Now!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beauty is a Jersey Woolie and Shiny Things is a Mini Rex. In Beauty's old cage she had a shelf but would not go up there even though it had a ramp. She is a shy rabbit, but has figured out the shelf in her NIC cage really fast.

Hmm, I've never heard of a Jersey wooley. They are very cute though! (i googled them!) I'm just concerend because my buns aren't that much over 1 pound! and they are soo tiny!

you had me thinking about steps... I noticed Gaz got up the levels fine but seemed wary of the jumps down and wasn't spending nearly as much time as Nala on the third floor. she didn't have that problem when they first learned the condo and still doesn't when exiting the bottom level, so I think it may be an issue with the green fleece.

I put an actual step up to the ledge using two grids and a dowel that's been cut in half and then I have a second hammock set up as a step between the ledge and the third floor and she's now spending a lot more time up there.

on the grid-step, I cut a coroplast scrap so that it would cover most of the grid (the scrap wasn't big enough to cover the whole thing :p), used a nail-hole puncher to put four holes in it and zip-tied it to the grid so it couldn't move around (nail-hole puncher also worked great to punch holes in the litter box so I could zip-tie it in place!)... then I have the vertical grid attached to the side wall and the under-side of the ledge but not the floor (didn't want to cut into the coroplast floor). it's not as sturdy as it could be if I secured it on three sides, but the bunnies aren't bothered.

and yes, their condo is a total mess right now, lol... darn bunnies.

DSCF02392.jpg

I like it too - as you can see, it takes up a lot less space than ramps and is easy to do. I could easily have used another grid with a bit of coroplast where I used the hammock, but I needed a place for the hammock anyway.

ofc you could save even more space by doing what some others have done and putting the next level 6-7 squares up instead of a full grid height. I just don't really care about the bottom level of the cage being cluttered because my bunns spend most of their time in the cage chilling on the third floor where they have the best view and because they have a huge attached run so they don't really *need* space in the cage.

Latest posts

Back