Something's not right...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gene007man

Reaction score
During this week, my rabbit has been in this strange posture. She would just sit on an upright four-legged position with her head stretching up. I just do not understand is there anything wrong or disturbing her. She is not lethargic, as she still eats her vegetables and hay (however slightly). And she have unformed cecotropes, yet no diarrhea was observed. Sadly, my rabbit has been diagnosed with polycystic kidney disease. Hence, I was wondering would this be the cause? Or is there any other underlying problem occurring? Or is this a posture of rabbit communication? My girlfriend and I are worried sick, hence we hope someone can tell us if this position is normal or not?

IMG_0549.JPG

The only time I have seen a rabbit do that is with my bun Sabriel only briefly before he got medicine for possible Pasteurella and a rabbit at the sanctuary I volunteer at who had cancer (she would sit in that position and wheeze, it was so sad..).. :C So it might be the kidney disease.. I'm not sure. I wish you the best of luck with this, and I'd take her to the vet if she continues doing this!

Latest posts

Back