Something that really bugs me...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylovexoxo

Reaction score
I went to my local flea market recently and people had TONS of bunnies for sale. There's nothing wrong with that of course, but some of the sellers really mistreated their bunnies... Most of the rabbits I saw were outside in the sun, with no food or water, in cages so small they couldn't move in them, and they had wire bottoms that cause sore hawks.. It really bothered me seeing rabbits treated this way. I was petting a little bunny and I over heard a seller and a woman talking... I couldn't believe what I was hearing.. She had told the woman that rabbits were really easy to take care of. They only needed pellets and water and didn't need to be out of their cages much... I was furious after hearing this... Sorry for my rant, it just really bothers me knowing that rabbits and other animals get treated the way they do. :(

Is there no one you can call, like animal control or anything? I would call the next time I see her. Or I would follow her home and get her address and THEN call animal control to come and rock her world.
I hate seeing stuff like that. I would have also given her a piece of my mind while standing at that table. I would have told the woman she was talking to that rabbits ARE high maintenance but they're great pets to have if you have the time.
That right there, is a prime example of why I can't go to flea markets. If I go there, I better have someone on the outside to bail me out of jail! :)

Is there no one you can call, like animal control or anything? I would call the next time I see her. Or I would follow her home and get her address and THEN call animal control to come and rock her world.
I hate seeing stuff like that. I would have also given her a piece of my mind while standing at that table. I would have told the woman she was talking to that rabbits ARE high maintenance but they're great pets to have if you have the time.
That right there, is a prime example of why I can't go to flea markets. If I go there, I better have someone on the outside to bail me out of jail! :)

I actually didn't think about doing that. I'm not for sure if it would help, but it's worth a try! I would feel a lot better if it was just made a rule that if you're selling any kind of animals it has to be in the indoor part, so they don't get too hot. :nod

Following her home and then calling animal control is taking it a bit too far, IMO. Nothing wrong with wire bottom cages, especially if they were in carriers. There are varying opinions on how much maintenance there is with a rabbit. My problem would be that they were in the sun with no food or water. For that, I would go to the flea market organizer to complain.

Latest posts

Back