"Something Special" Timothy Hay - any good?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amaya

Reaction score
So is it any good? My bunny is a bit picky but the brand I know he likes I'll have to order online when it gets close to gone. He loves "Natures Cafe" and does not like "Kaytee" which is softer. How does "Something Special" compare to other timothy hay?

I may just buy a little for him to try, but input would help. Thanks. :)

I've never heard of Something Special. My two guys love Kaytee, and actually don't really care for Oxbow, even though they love the Bunny Basics T.

I have used it once and unless I had to wouldnt again, it was pretty dusty and more like eating pellet mash! I prefer horse bales where its more like straw, good for the teeth!

Hi,

I have never heard of that brand of hay...but I do know of one that is grown in "your neck of the woods". It is Kleenmama's Hayloft. http://www.kmshayloft.com/index.html

This hay is so good that I have it shipped from the left coast all the way to the right coast. The shipping is expensive cross-countrybut the quality of the hay is worth it. I just placed another order yesterday. My rabbits love the bluegrass and bluegrass mixes. I just placed my first order for third cut timothy. I have never heard anything but glowing comments about this hay. I have made several orders and their products have never failed to exceed my expectations......but mainly our rabbits love it. They have various mixes of hay so I am sure you will find a hay that your rabbit will enjoy.

Randy

Thank you everyone. :) I will not be getting the Something Special hay unless I absolutely have to. I will either order the Natures Cafe online or Kleenmama's. I have sent them an email asking about shipping costs and where their store/warehouse is so that I might be able to pick it up instead. About how long of a supply should be bought at once? I only have one mini-rex but he sure does love his hay and goes through it quickly. This is why I ask "how long a supply" rather than what amount of hay. Thanks again!

if you have to ship might as well get a large box. I just ordered and received 45 lbs 2nd cut timothy from Kleenmama's so I paid big for shipping to the midwest
the hay will keep if stored properly and is fine quality.

Have you had no problems storing so much hay before? How long does it usually last?

I've been storing all of his hay inside so I'm not sure whether Western Washington's high humidity is much of a factor or not. Currently all of his hay is kept in the plastic bags they came in which have holes for ventilation.

Back