Something is wrong with Spot!Please help me!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spot

Reaction score
This morning I went out to check on Spot and Hopper.When I got to their cage there were spots of blood everywhere!I immediately thought that Hopper and Spot had gotten in a fight.Obviously Spot would have done the damage.I picked Hopper up and checked all over her but nothing.She was fine.I then noticed Spot laying in her house.She is very lethargic!I put Hopper in her hutch.What can I do???!!!I can't get to the vet today.What is wrong with my rabbit?!

Sounds like they got into a fight. Try to get the one bunny into a vet as soon as you can. Even does will fight and hurt each other for territory. Wish I could be of more help. Sorry you are going through this. :(

I understand that this is very stressful and frightening. Can you have someone help you to examine her and assess her injuries?

I don't think it was a fight thought because they were laying next to each other when I went upto the cage.Also I had seen blood in the cage a couple of weeks ago when Hopper wasn't even in the cage.Could she have broke a nail.It's happened to her before and I can't cut her nails because she is mean.Could this be something more serious?

It could very well be she broke off her nail. I've seen it happen before and there will be a lot of blood that will make you think they must have an awful injury. You really need to trim her nails. Long nails are uncomfortable to the rabbit, can be a contributing factor to sore hocks, and they have the to potential to break off. When this happens it can also break the toe.

Why is she 'mean'? What does she do?

You need to examine every inch of her, count all her nails, and check her vent area as well as all other areas around her bum and see if you see any seepage.

I had to look up the info in your old posts, but apparently Spot isn't spayed, so a possible cause is going to be a uterine issue. She may have uterine tumors or uterine cancer.

Unfortunately if the latter is the case, your only option is to try an emergency spay. If this is not possible, you're probably just going to have to keep her comfortable for whatever time she has left.

Hope she's doing better. :(

sas :pray:

Usually lethargy is an emergency vet situation, especially if you don't know what's causing it and there's blood in there with an unknown cause. Like Pam said, there are a myriad of things that could be going on, and you really need to get someone who has rabbit experience and/or is a vet/vet tech to take a look at her ASAP.

I wish I could get her to the vet but I can't I have nothing to put her in and she hates being picked up!She scratches me bad enough that I bleed.She also bit my heel yesterday when all I did was walk in her cage and pet Hopper.

I'm not going to speculate on what it could be, but I agree she needs to see a vet! Be creative in what you could bring her in. A cardboard box? A laundry basket? Anything that has small holes in it for breathing, and secure a towel or blanket over the top. If she's lethargic she probably won"t fight you, but if she does, just plop a towel on top of her and scoop her up real quick. I hope things turn out okay :)

You need to check her out asap. You can wrap her up in a towel to control her. And cover her eyes it will help out some.

But they either got into a fight or ripped a nail.

I was holding a rabbit once at a show and some how she ripped her nail and she bleed all over the place.

Your going to have to pick this rabbit up, in order to get her checked out. rabbits are easy to handle, and she will just have to deal with it. As misty said its either a fight, or a ripped nails. sometimes rabbits will accidentally tear out a nail, and it will bleed all over the place. if this is a fight she may need to see the vet. You can wrap her in a towel, and place her in a box, or laundry basket. Or borrow a cat carrier from someone. otherwise we can't help if we don't know exactly what is going with this rabbit.

She is a verrry weird bunny!I went back out this evening and she was bouncing around like nothing ever happened!

Back