Something is wrong with one of my dutchie babies.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley411

Reaction score
I was just checking the sex's of my babies and I noticed one of them had a red/pink membrane of some kind bulging out of her anus:

Dottie001.jpg

Dottie002.jpg

What is it?

I am really worried.

~Hayley

Looks like a small prolapse of rectal tissue. There are a number of causes such as parasites, vent disease, weak muscle tissue, infectionor intestinal disorders. It may or may not correct itself. In some cases, a minor surgery is done.

Pam

I've only ever seen that on my mini rex babies, but i've never had it not correct its self. I have taken babies in to be checked before, but I try not to take them in a vehicle until they're at least 10 weeks old, I don't like them to travel much younger only because they are so young. I would say wait a couple of weeks, give it until weaning. But then again, I've never seen it stick around long.

Blaze_Amita wrote:
I've only ever seen that on my mini rex babies, but i've never had it not correct its self.

In the cases I've had, I've also never seen it correct itself.

Pam

Well the babies are now 5 weeks old and the prolapse still hasn't gone away, if anything it's gotten worse.

I don't know what to do,am Ilooking at asurgery to correct it?

~Hayley

Back