..something about emmy..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhiszxpinay

Reaction score
hmm..im always getting worried for emmy ..alot of time for sum reason..!
Today Emmy wasnt very active..i took it out of its cage so it can havea little excersie *sp* before my mom comes home and finds out the bunnyhas been out of the cage [[ she freaks out about that :D]]..but once itook it out of its cage emmy just ran bak inside the cage and just saton ur bunbun looking at me..? Is this an emtion..? orsomething..?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking...this parthas me confused: "but once i took it out of its cage emmyjust ran bak inside the cage and just sat on ur bunbun looking atme..?"

Just to clarify, you came home, and she was out of her cage.Once you took her(?) out of her(?) cage and she ran back inside and saton another bunny and looked at you? Is thiscorrect? I'm confused, is Emmy the bunny, or is Bunbunanother bunny? I'm sorry, I may not be reading it correctly,I just came home from an hour long exam for one of my classes...I'mprobably not seeing things correctly.

Just a thought:

Maybe she's inactive because it was midday. Rabbits tend to sleep during the day.

-Carrie

Perhaps Emmy doesn't feel well today, or maybeheat/humidity is getting to her? When our instincts tell ussomething is wrong, we are usually right. Lets just hope it'snothing serious.

Maybe Emmy was just scared?

Pam

emmit lol bunbun means her little behind ^-^.No..in the afternoon today i went to get emmy out of her cage justbefore my mom came home..my mom has the decency to freak out when thebunny is out of the cage. SO i got emmy out of her cage..then as I puther on the floor to hop around emmy just ran back inside her cage andjust stare at me

[align=left]thankx pamnock..i hopeits nothing serious...! I checked on her behavior this evening afterdinner and its the same thing..all she does is just lay there in hercage and just stare at the wall or me when im in front of her cage..ehhim really worried! Do you think shes depressed?
I think shes actinglike this because yesterday the family was extrremely busy with theyard work..i mean we were gardening and painting the gazeebo..mowingthe law..triming this and that..and emmy was just in thehouse..:(
[/align]

Rabbits view their cages as dens, so it makessense that she would want to run right back in there and just chill fora bit, until she felt comfortable enough to run around. Unless she isused to people, she may have been a little intimidated with you rightthere.

I don't know about your bunny being depressed, but it sounds like Emmyis bored. Your mom doesn't like her to be out of the cage? How does sheexcercise? Socialize?

~M

yah my mom freaks out about that..you knowletting the rabbit out of the cage ..and i no what you mean m.e. thatswhy i let emmy out of her cage for almost an hourbefore mymom comes home from her work..! Thats why im planning to buya harness for emmy and take her outside and let her hopp around ourbackyard!

Is Emmy eating? pooping? drinking?

Any signs of the following?

A MEDICAL CHECKLIST:

Runny Nose?
Sneezing?
Coughing?
Pooping?
Peeing?
Teeth?
Gums?
Watery Eyes?
Behavior?
Bumps?
Fly bites/cuts, etc.?
Temperature of ears? (Normal Temperature: 102-103 degrees (F).
Heavy Breathing?
Drooling?
Pulse? (Normal is 140-150)
Alert?
Uninterested?

You could have just caught her at a drowsy time when she was in themiddle of her nap or after a meal. Sometimes they're not tooactive at that time. Keep a close eye on her. Somedays my rabbits seem more active than others.

Keep us posted,

-Carolyn

Make sure she has fresh water everyday. Water's the most important part of their diet.Some rabbits do drink more than others and sometimes weather has aneffect on their intake. Keep her water fresh and full at alltimes. If you have to leave the house ina rush,make sure she has a full container or dish of water before worryingabout anything else. Of course, I'm not saying don't worryabout filling her hay or food dish, but first and foremost, be surethat water is always available.

-Carolyn

Has she been exposed to cold temperatures over aprolonged period of time? Have taken steps to warm her up abit? Does she shiver all the time?

-Carolyn

well my sister turned on the air conditioner justabout like at least 20 minutes...! Emmy doesnt shiver likethis all teh time..this is the first time i saw her like this...:?

Latest posts

Back