someone smells!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanlake

Reaction score
so my sister was home this weekend and was holding freddi after we took them out in the snow. she noticed what i had also noticed: he smells like pee.

i don't think he's the cleanest bun ever, but still. I am just wondering if anyone has ideas to get rid of the smell in his fur and stuff. I just don't want a potental adopter not adopting him because he smells.

You could use unscented baby wipes to help clean off pee. You could also see about getting some pet cleaning wipes from a pet store, they usually come in scents, but are pet safe. I would look into getting ones for cats, since cats groom like bunnies and will most likely groom the area you have just cleaned.

They make spray stuff you could probably spray on him.

And, does his cage stink? Maybe that's why he does. Maybe try cleaning his litterbox more if you have one so he isn't sitting in his pee?

You can also do a Listerine/ water mix and spray it on.. one part Listerine 2 parts water..then wipe him down, repeat if needed.

thanks for the info. his cage is pretty airy and big, so it doesn't smell. i think its more because he has REALLY bad bathroom habbits. i have seen him hop and pee alot, almost like he doesnt' know. he's good with his litterbox, really good. its just when you let him out, he goes CRAZY. i have also seen him binky and pee at the same time, getting pee EVERYWHERE.

I was going to suggest from the title..........

*take a shower* ;)

Tony stinks sometimes. he likes to hang out in his litterbox and if we miss a day cleaning it ...... PEEEEE U!!!

I'd get his urine checked, actually. Has he always done this? How long have you had him? How old is he? When was he neutered? (assuming he is)

It could be an infection, stones, kidney issues,mechanical problem or any number of things... best to be safe and check it out.

sas :bunnydance:

well, i have only had him for about two weeks, as he is a foster. he is neutered, he was neutered just before i got him.

so it could be a urinary issue?

I'd see if he was like that before the neuter for sure. You need to know if he's always been like that, if he's been like that since the neuter, or if its something that's been getting progressively better or worse,including the time frame.

the only problem is that i got them the day after they came out of the Michigan Humane society, and theres no info on him:?

Yeah, I recommend taking him to be checked by a vet as well. The shelter should help you out with the cost, right?

Hugs to you both,

Rosie*

the shelter does cover the cost, but i feel bad. its stupid i know but i don't want to waste the shelters money unless something is for sure wrong.

I am going to take him in, i am going to see if there is an appointment tomorrow to get his teeth checked, as he is drooling. what exactly should i ask the vet about this problem? i don't know what should be checked and looked at.

Are their staff or volunteers at the MHS who may have observed anything like this? I'd also ask for the vet records from the neuter ifyou're going to a different vet.

Have you noticed that it's any worse since you got him?

Has his weight been stable?

Has his pee been abnormal?Very clear or dark or thick?

The vet should be able to express his bladder or something to test his control and test the urine for infection.

The lack of control when he's moving is abnormal, as is the drooling, so you're not wasting the shelter's money. If there is a problem, you'll may well be saving them money my catching it early.

I'm moving this thread to the Infirmary to see if anybody else wants to comment.

Latest posts

Back