Someone ate chewing gum...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmybuns

Reaction score
Not sure which bun. Or what time today. But I was stupid and threw away some old pieces of chewing gum in the bedroom garbage. One of the buns ate half of a stick. I called the 24 hr emergency clinic and they said they didn't know what to do. Poison control charges $35 just to answer my questions and I doubt they know enough about bunnies. I called Haley since my internet was down and she said just to watch them and make sure they are both eating and pooping. SO... I'm doing that.

So far they are both happily eating hay and all the poop looks normal. Anyone have any suggestions so that maybe I won't have totake them in?Or will they just be fine? Never seen anything on here before about chewing gum....

I think, I would just keep an eye on it, like Haley said. They should just pass it, should be fine. It's good for you to ask though, you never know, never know. Keep us updated, okay? Oh, and make sure they're getting tons of hay, that will help to pass it for them;).

Okay I've been watching them. They laid down so I did some belly rubs, they both feel fine so far, but I don't know how long ago they ate it. Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back