some advice?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crescent

Reaction score
hi, i'm new at this so please bear with me!! ibought my first rabbit and pet 4 months ago and whenever she's in heatshe'll urinate all over her cage! where she sleeps, on top of herhouse, beside the food bowl and her litterbox. Will this really stoponce she gets spayed? I want to wait another month or so before i do itbut i really can't stand it!! i don't even let her out that much aroundthe house anymore because i've been doing so much cleaning and it'ssnowing outside. Iknowpeople that didn'tspay/neuter their rabbits so i'm curious as how they dealt with it. Ami doing anything wrong? she's also been shaking her tail lately and ihave no idea if that means anything... help?

tale shaking means u have probably caught her inthe act of doing something naughty its her way of cheeking u.weeing everywhere its just her marking her territory..u really need toput her in one room and minimise the space she has to run...find outwhere she wee's alot and put a litter tray down...im trying this at themoment its very hard cos they are sods they never go where u want themtoo lol..just pick up the newspaper she wees on and put it in thetray...wipe away any wee she does that is not in the box...u may needmultiple boxes...hth...i dont wanna say anymore cos usually when iadvise ppl my rabbits behave worse..esp or something lol.

cheeking me eh? lol well i've somewhat managed toget her to use the litterbox in the basement but i always have to puther in myself and she doesn't let me catch her.. but her cage is sosmall i'm not sure why she would want to pee everywhere.... she waslitter trained before she hit puberty.. lol i guess i should get herspayed before she gets too frustrated with trying to find a mate allthe time

crescent wrote:
so small i'm not sure why she would want to peeeverywhere....

WelcomeCrescent,

Good advice by black_jack. I agree that it's a territorialthing. She's putting her scent down. Spayingusually does help curtail this, but there aren't any guarantees that itwill stop completely. If she was goodabout going in the litterbox beforehand, she'll probably pick it upagain, but what you're dealing with right now sounds like raginghormones.

As to shaking her tail, does she do it when she's running?That's a sign of extreme happiness if so. If not, pleasedescribe how/when she shakes her tail.

Check out the post Cheat Sheet for Rabbit Care if you haven'talready. There'sa term called "binky" that couldpossibly describe what your rabbit is doing. You shouldreally go through the notes and check out the websites and recommendedbooks. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as they're some fun andinformational links in there.

-Carolyn

P.S. There's a post in there about Litter training that you might wantto take a look at, but still in all, I think it's just the issue ofpuberty you're dealing with at this point.

Hi there! When I first brought Bobbytail in hepee d everyway andI picked up the droppings and put them inthe litter tray, or cleaned where he had wet and put the first tissuethat obviously smelt stronginto the tray. Some bunnies likejust newspaper whilst others like chippings or the like. I always madesure he was there to see what I was doing. It only took 3 or 4 days andhe cotton on. My girl bunny never needed traiing, she lways been soclean and her home is easy to clean. I was told by the vet to get mygirl bunny (spotty but I call her girly) neutered because of wombproblems whenshe is older. Perserve I'm sure you will getthere.

shaking the tail is a sign of happiness?? heckthen my little princess is a happy girl! she almost never does binkies,but her little tail flickers now and then.. though i think some of itis trying to flirt with mr licks lol

i figured it was hormones.. but i thought itmight be a little excessive since i read that they don't pee where theysleep... and i tried taking newspaper that she already peed on andputting it in the litterbox.. i mean.. she still uses the litterboxlike she used to..but with the additionofeverywhere else .. lol

yah, she's been wagging her tail like a dog.. i never seen her do thatbefore! i thought it might have to do with her having a fake pregnancyright now.. i just hope i'm being a good pet owner!

anyway, i'm off on a trip tomorrow.. so thank you everyone for all your help! :D

Latest posts

Back