Solid or Broken?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SablePoints

Reaction score
Hi all. Wondering if this Frosted Pearl doe is a broken or a solid. Mom is broken dad is solid. She has both broken and solid siblings. Hard to tell if she is solid or broken bc she is white-ish. Got good pics of her ears too...I heard u can tell if a rabbit is broken or solid by its ears. She has some black hairs on her behind too...Any help appreciated. I googled it and no results came up.IMG_5536.jpg

IMG_5537.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

My hunch is that she's broken, still not sure. Any help appreciated.

Oh this must be the bun you said looks just like mine! You are soo right! They almost look identical. I'm thinking frosted pearl is broken?. Either way..gorgeous bun!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Rabbit Forum mobile app

@BunnyL0ve: Thx! Your rabbit is gorgeous too!

@OakRidgeRabbits: Thanks, I checked, her feet and tail are both a medium grey, I guess that means she is a solid. Thanks for helping out! Can't wait to breed her this winter (She is only 3 months old so she can't get pregnant yet). Hopefully she can produce some more Frosties or even a Chinchilla!

@OakRidgeRabbits: Thanks, I checked, her feet and tail are both a medium grey, I guess that means she is a solid. Thanks for helping out! Can't wait to breed her this winter (She is only 3 months old so she can't get pregnant yet). Hopefully she can produce some more Frosties or even a Chinchilla!

She would be a solid then she just needs more point coloring. When you go to breed her find a buck with good point coloring of the same breed. (pedigreed of course) If your trying to get a certain color purchase a buck that carries agouti throughout his pedigree, this will help you have the colors you want produced.

Thanks rabbitgirl101. I will. I have a pedigreed chestnut agouti buck according to their pedigrees I think they will have 25% chestnut kits 25% orange 25% chinchilla and 25% frosted pearl. Thx for helping out.

she's three months old. give her time and some cold weather and her colour will come in better.

Latest posts

Back