Soft stools

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty bizarre, Stephanie.

-Soft Stools

-Parasites

and Beef Stew.

-Carolyn

Stephanie wrote:
We've been on a stew kick I guess. lol

Thanks for the info, Pam. I'm thinking of just treating him, as itcan't hurt, and is cheaper than a vet visit, especially as we'respaying Abby next week and it's $180. Also, I know people can getpinworms too. Now wouldn't that be pleasant!

Pinworms are species specific -- you can breath easy, as rabbit pinworms do not infect humans :)

Pam

Hi Stephanie,

This goes out to Pamnock too.

As noted in the GI Stasis post on page 12, Pam recalled that Tucker washaving some soft stools before the onslaught of the GI Stasis. I shouldjust note that it was hard small poops at first, and the cecotropeslost their grape-like shape.

Pam noted that inflammation is an issue with GI Stasis. Kathy Smithsays in her book that ibuprohen (sp?) or aspirin can help with pain andinflammation

That said, how is our Chompers doing? Still seeing those soft stools?

Obviously, this issue is still on my mind. Hope that no news on this post was good news. In any case, let me know.

Pam, if the soft stools are still happening, would you think thataspirin would be beneficial at this time? Since they only happen fromtime-to-time, what do you make of that? Not meaning to put you on thespot by any means, just am curious about this.

-Carolyn

Sorry it took me so long to respond to that last post, haven't been online in a few days.

He's back to normal, as far as I can tell anyway. No more signs of softstools anywhere. He's eating and drinking as much as he always does.Plays on a regular basis too.

It did take a couple of days to clear up, but I think the oatmeal really helped with that one.

Carolyn wrote:
Pam, if the soft stools are still happening, would you think thataspirin would be beneficial at this time? Since they only happen fromtime-to-time, what do you make of that? Not meaning to put you on thespot by any means, just am curious about this.

I wouldn't administer aspirin for occasional soft stools. Thecauses of occasional soft stool can be numerous(parasites,diet, illness, etc.).

Here's a site with info on managing the diet of a rabbit with intermittent soft stools:

http://tinyurl.com/2ctlz

Pam

Latest posts

Back