Soft poop- dehydration?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phinnsmommy

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Phinn had some soft poop today, and im wondering if dehydration can cause that? It's hot, and it seems like he doesn't drink enough :(

How can I get him re-hydrated, and prevent this in the future?

Thanks!

Okay, I'm not positive, but soft poo usually is from an upset tummy (aside from medical issues). Eating more hay will help and you can also flavor his water with some vanilla or pediatlyte to entice hime to drink more. If he has a bottle, add a bowl and put the flavoring in that.

How long has he had soft poo? Any change in his enviroment at all, anything new with his cage?

No nothing different, he only had soft poop today, but not all of his poop was soft.

Im going to see how he is tommarow, and just hope it was a little stomach thing that will pass :?

Could it be mushed up excess cecals? Sometimes mine step on them and make them all squishy and gross.. that's normal. :D May have been too much fruit or something?

Unless it's really watery diarrhea and lots of soft poop, I don't think you have to worry about him getting dehydrated. Dry small poop is usually a sign of dehydration, but I'm not sure about soft poop being a sign of dehydration, though I don't think so. My guys seem to like bowls way better than bottles, so if you are concerned about him drinking I'd just put a bowl in for him :).

Latest posts

Back