Soft Claws?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missmerlin2010

Reaction score
I hope this is posted in the right area!
Anyway, I was on the internet, when i found an item called "Soft claws". It says that you can use the dog versions (small size of course) on rabbits. I was wondering if anyone has tried these before, or what you think of them:?? Here is a line to their website. :biggrin2:

Thanks!!
- Panda & Houdini :innocent :halo

I was thinking of trying those before!

I never have though. My sister tried them (a different brand though - Soft Paws I think?) on her cats and didn't like them. She said they just fell off every few days, and the cats didn't like them. But who knows, maybe she didn't put them on right or something?

If you try them, let us know how it goes! I've been curious about them for awhile but have never actually tried them myself.

Ok! I just ordered them for my cats, and if that goes well, i plan on getting a pack for Houdini & panda. When they come, I will update on how they work out.

I know someone who uses them for her cats and said she likes them but they fall of often, which can be frustrating.

I doubt they would last very long at all on rabbits since they are constantly digging at things.

I saw these at PetSmart - funky colors - for dogs & cats - wondered how long they'd last - just trying to glue them on might be a challenge (glue doesn't like me at all!)

I wonder about those. Since they are a glue on product you would need to clean the nails first I think to get a good stick. They do seem like a decent idea, but I have not really had an issue with my bunnies scratching things.

Well i got them for my cat and put them on her, but she did NOT like them!! She pulled them all off within three days of getting them! (At least i only used half a pack, so maybe one of the other cats will like them..)

Caregivers at the shelter apply them to adopted cats whose ownere request them. They have to be put on on properly and the correct sizes need to be used.
If put on correctly they can last 2 weeks or so.

if one falls off another one can be placed back on.

The cat soft clawspossibly could be used on rabbits but I have never seen them on rabbits.

sometimes different sizes have to be used on different nails

I am more concerned with my rabbit's chewing than their digging but different folks have different concerns

Oh! Ive seen those on some dogs at the clinic before! They work wonders for dogs. Not sure about rabbits though. . .I just make sure to trim nails before handling and that works for me. Good luck for those who try them

Latest posts

Back