Soft and wet poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memoryofwings

Reaction score
I'm not sure this should go in this thread, but I'm gonna post here anyway. My boyfriend and I just let our bunny Stills run around in the hallway that we blocked off and we saw that he had a few wet and soft poops. They weren't the grape-like cecal pellets just single ones scattered all over the place. We're not sure whether it was diarrhea or not, but it could've been because he got scared. I was in the bathroom and had the water running kind of loud so maybe that triggered it? He's behaving and eating normally so we don't think he's sick. Stills is a holland hop, about 3 months old. He eats Timothy hay and Kaytee Forti-Diet Pro-Health pellets. Thanks for the help!

Did he maybe get into some treat that he wasn't supposed to? The normal protocol for mushy poops is to remove pellets and veggies from the diet, feeding just hay and water, until the poo turns back to normal. If it was just a one-time issue, or caused by eating something abnormal, I wouldn't worry yet.

No, we didn't give him any treats and haven't introduced him to veggies yet. The poo in his cage looks normal so it seems like it was just a one-time thing. Thanks for the reply!

Is he normally "out" like he was when he got scared? Either way, he could've gotten a tad stressed and had a bout and it went away. I've seen it before over nothing major.:)

If the latter poos in cage/box are back to normal, sounds like all it is:).

Latest posts

Back