so young to be so grumpy....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bethstang

Reaction score
Hi,

I have3 month old Holland Lop buck. I have had him for 3 weeks. Yesterday I was sitting with him in his x-pen, trying to bond with him, and everytime I moved my hands or moved his toys he would grunt and charge my hand. Today I had him on the couch with me and he was sitting on my lap very calm and I touched his ear and he grunted and "boxed" me with his front feet. How should I handle his being bossy? He was bought from a reputable breeder and I do plan on neutering him asap. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Beth

Ahhhh... welcome to the wonderful teen 'tude. LOL With Maxine, I tell her no...then squish her head down for a bit. Not hard, but that's the rabbit way of showing the other rabbit who's boss. Once he's neutered, that should help tremendously! Also, when he does that, you should put him back in his crate/cage. That's another reinforcement that the behavior was wrong and won't be tolerated.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back