So what do you use???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny_Mad

Reaction score
Outdoor bunny owners, what do you use to line/cover the bottom ofthe cage????

Well, the bottom of my hutch is wood and has been soiled quite a bit!!! So i don't want Hutch walking in it all day!!!

I have had an idea, you know the plastic sheet you can buy yo line hanging baskets??

Well, if i cut a sheet to fit the hutch, then it will be sweep and wipe clean!!!

What do you think???

My rabbits, inside or outside, are on 1/2" x 1/2"vinyl covered hardware cloth, thus all refuse passes through the wireon to the paper lined tray below, or the the ground in the case of theoutdoor hutches.

The relatively small size of the openings precludes any sore hock problem, yet permits feces to pass through quite adequately.

You may want to consider cutting out your floor and installing wirehardware cloth in a similar manner. My outdoor hutches aresuspended upon wheels, by the way, so they may be moved about the yardout of inclement weather and to prevent urine/feces build-up in any onespecific area.

Buck

I would rather have a hard floor as hutch lays down a lot, all the time in fact!!!

I am going to put this plastic covering in as you can wipe and sweep on it easily!!!

You can use a large slide-in pan under the cageand it will also protect from a dog or cat getting to the rabbit fromunderneath the cage.

Pam

I am in a flat, and have the hutch on a large balcony, the only other pets we have are gerbils.

Don't change my mind as what i am doing is a great idea!!!

In one side, I put a layer of newspaper then sometimes i put a layer of woodshavings but sometimes i put down hay.
In the other side iput down newpaper then straw.

Latest posts

Back