SO SAD-70 ANIMALS RESCUED FROM ABUSE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pens of horses they show reminds me of slaughter pens *shudders* The sad thing is I knew these people from fair and I never suspected anything. I guess it just goes to show that people can seriously suprise you.

Crystal

Oh My Darlin Rabbitry wrote:
The pens of horses they show reminds me of slaughter pens *shudders* The sad thing is I knew these people from fair and I never suspected anything. I guess it just goes to show that people can seriously suprise you.

Crystal
holy talido, you knew these people?

wow. it boggles my mind the type of people that could do these things to animals

I just know that they show at fair. that is the extent of me "knowing" them. I worked our FFA booth so I "know" lots of people this way. I have rescued many animals in my lifetime and I can't help but cry everytime I hear something like this. It seems like 70 is the magic number for people getting caught. UGH seriously if you can't take care of your animals then don't keep them and don't bring in more. I wish I could foster some of these guys but I am seriously out of room now that my show cows have come in. Maybe I can volunteer. We'll see.

Crystal

Oh My Darlin Rabbitry wrote:
I just know that they show at fair. that is the extent of me "knowing" them. I worked our FFA booth so I "know" lots of people this way. I have rescued many animals in my lifetime and I can't help but cry everytime I hear something like this. It seems like 70 is the magic number for people getting caught. UGH seriously if you can't take care of your animals then don't keep them and don't bring in more. I wish I could foster some of these guys but I am seriously out of room now that my show cows have come in. Maybe I can volunteer. We'll see.

Crystal
I'm assuming this means that they "show" their animals much like people "show" rabbits?

THat is so strange... do they have a separate section for animals that they show? surely showing sick animals would cause alarm bells... maybe they just dont feed the "unshowable" animals?

sickos... grrr.

maxysmummy wrote:
THat is so strange... do they have a separate section for animals that they show? surely showing sick animals would cause alarm bells... maybe they just dont feed the "unshowable" animals?

sickos... grrr.
I have seen that before around here. A certain woman around here has a rep for treating her animals badly, she used to breed dogs until the county animal control banned her from that. Now she just breeds goats, sheep, horses and such. I saw some of her goats at the fair, and they looked a little rough but not terrible. Someone mentioned to me that she had some Nubians she was selling, and since I was looking for some at the time I went out to her place to see them. She had her show goats, and she had the ones she was selling. The show goats were sleek and healthy looking, the rest were literally walking skeletons. I offered her $50 each for two of them (couldn't afford to buy any more than that :pssd:) and she grouchily agreed. She said she would deliver them the next day, but when she showed up one of the does was not the one I had picked out. Apparently the poor thing had gone down overnight, so she brought me a different one instead. I haven't been out there since, was just afraid of what would I might do. :X

So ridiculous

"It makes me very sad," Scott said. "I think that as owners of horses that we have a duty to take care of them and to feed them appropriately, and if we can't then we need to find somebody that can. And I think that it's criminal what's happened to these horses."

It makes me sick that we even have to say that we think it's criminal. It's common sense.

Latest posts

Back