So off topic but please read if you use ebay~

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
I got this email the other day i THOUGHT was from ebay...
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Dear eBay member,

You have received this email because you or someone else had used youridentity to make false purchases on eBay. For security reasons, we arerequired to open an investigation on this matter. We treat online fraudseriously and all cases which cannot be resolved between eBay and theother involved party are forwarded for further investigations to theproper authorities. To speed up this process, you are required toverify your personal information against the eBay account registrationdata we have on file by following the link below.

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]When submittingsensitive information via the website, your information is protectedboth online and off-line. When our registration/order form asks usersto enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/orsocial security number), that information is encrypted and is protectedwith the best encryption software in the industry -SSL. Well after i complained to ebay ifound out it was a FAKE email someone wanted my cc #!! Igotthis TRUE response from ebay......Emails such as this, commonly referred to as "spoof" or "phished"
messages, are sent in an attempt to collect sensitive personal or
financial information from the recipients.

The email you reported was not sent by eBay. We have reported this email
to the appropriate authorities. Just wanted to make you all aware!

[/font]
[/font]

Hi Cuddlesmom,

DON'T EVER give out any personal information over the internet unlessyou yourself initiate the information giving. I have hear of theseEmails for many other things. NO company will send any such Email. I amglad you questioned it before do ing anything you might have regretted.There are so many Cons on the internet. This post goes for anyone whoreceives any similar emails! Question EVERYTHING!

JMPO.

Dennis,C.V.R.

Thanks for the helpful information, CuddlesMom.

I don't use it, but will pass along your comments to my friends that do.

-Carolyn

Holy crap! That's terrible. :X Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up!

I myself don't use Ebay but my sister and brother in law do, I'll be sure to forward this to them.

And it's not just youeither. My Dad who has an eBay account, has gotten several ofthose emails. The first one he responded to, being the naiveindividual he is, and his account got stolen. He re-signed upafter attempting to notify eBay (who did nothing), and now ignores thefraudulent emails when he gets them.

EBay is a great place. Whereelse could I find toys from my childhood, my mother's childhood, andother impossible items? Although, when you go on and purchasethings, you're always taking a chance. I usually try topurchase auctions that are run by small companies; that way they havemore of a reliable reputation than an individual.

--Melissa and Umbra

Latest posts

Back