So many suggestions and I am confused!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I feed my babies.

Kiwi- 1 year old, spayed doe and Papaya- 3.5 month old buck- 1/3 cup of pellets AM and PM, unlimited Timothy hay and fresh water at all times. They get Quaker oats as a treat a couple days a week (just a sprinkle).

Kiwi also gets a baby carrot and a leaf of romaine lettuce a couple days a week. Papaya is too young. Once he's 6 months I will start introducing veggies slowly.

As for the pineapple juice- I only give that if I notice there are issues pooping. I only give tiny chunks and the juice from a fresh pineapple- never from the can as that is too high in sugars.

I have alphfa hay on hand as well just to intice to eat the Timothy hay. Kiwi shouldn't get any, but I do give it as a treat. Papaya is still able to have alphfa hay but I only sprinkle it cause it's high in protein and I don't want him ignoring the Timothy!

dhill711 wrote:
fantaysah wrote:
Sorry supposed to say should not spay her

she has a heart murmer so spaying her would be risky :(

My bunny does too...so spaying is not the answer and the surgery is very risky...a risk I dont want to take. I would die if she did!

Just relax and breath! Bunnies are smart little people, just give hay and water, and for a treat dried papaya piece for a couple of days; when she is feeling better start giving some veggies..

Remember food in moderation

dhill711 wrote:
MagPie wrote:
Fresh pineapple juice would be better, since the canned stuff adds sugars and whatnot to it. My vet who is pretty good, says she doesn't like to recommend pineapple juice because it is pretty sugary. With my guy he doesn't handle sugar very well, so I have to be careful how much I feed him.

She also said the baby gas was ok but I could use the regular gel tablets for gas since the baby gas you have to dose so often. I'm not entirely sure what I think on that one.

hmmm I never heard of the gel tablets, how many mg is that and how much should a 1 pound bunny get? How to you get your bun to eat it?:?

The gel tablets for Gas X or something similar. It is the same stuff as the baby gas but more of course, so you'd only have to dose once. My guy is about 4lbs. You don't want to feed him the whole thing but rather the gel within the pill. So you take a needle and pierce the pill and squeeze it into a eye dropper or something similar. Now with baby gas stuff Harvey would eat it no problems he liked the taste of it but he didn't care for the gas x stuff (I think it smelled bad). So I had to wrap him up in a blanket to give it to him. I'm most likely going to stick with the baby gas since it is easier to dose even if it has to be done more often. Hope that helps some.

Back